Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,652   Online: 908

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Disgusted with everything for no reason I can put my finger on

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've spent 30 years going from one thing to another, but photography is the one thing I've always come back to.

There's nothing wrong with stepping away for a while and waiting for the muse to re-awaken.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Might try that

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never! On my worst days, when even the sight of another human being disgusts me, photography often times has been my saving grace. A change or two of clothes, the Blad with a couple of lenses and a brick of Panf/FP4, a trusty tripod...and a ferry ride to the Island for a couple of days of communing with nature (Tofino, Cathedral Grove, trails on Pacific Rim...the list is extensive); and when I return to "civilization," my mood has improved by several orders of magnitude and I can deal with whatever comes my way...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Omaha, good point and I have done the same. Maybe it is just "my time of the month"?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think the fact that a model for a book backed out of our agreement and wants lots of money soured me today. Sorry to all for being a bummer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Once in a while I think about it. I never want to sell my camera stuff. Because since it is all film it is not worth much.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    I think the fact that a model for a book backed out of our agreement and wants lots of money soured me today. Sorry to all for being a bummer
    Getting screwed over by a model is not only painful, it's frequent. If you feel this bad now, think about how it would be to have three or four models in succession back out, flake and just not show, or start asking for stupid stuff like "buy me this outfit and I'll pose for you - and you have to bring it with you to the session or I won't work".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damn --- aging eyes -- I thought this said "Ever feel like QUILTING!" (My Faire Spouse is a "fabric fondler.")

I've never considered stopping altogether, but I certainly travel in fits and starts as ideas come and go. Taking a break, even for months, is not a major sin in my book. Or perhaps it's time to tackle a whole different genre [insert "think outside the box" and other handy cliches].

I myself have had some nasty thoughts lately (having hit 72 this summer) that there may be other reasons, such as house downsizing or any of too many medical possibilities, to quit or vastly alter what I'm doing. It would figure I should face that just as I get most of the gear and setups I have coveted available to me. But so far all is well, so I just keep blundering along and try not to think too much about it!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    Disgusted with everything for no reason I can put my finger on
    We've all been there. This is a sign of over saturation and you need to just take a break for a while. If you do anything in the darkroom try to do new things like playing with different toners, etc. otherwise put it aside for a while. Just don't do anything rash.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin