Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,508   Online: 966

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Just don't do anything rash.
    Yes, the true point of my earlier response.

Once it's gone, it's gone. Then a month or two later when you feel better...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Damn --- aging eyes -- I thought this said "Ever feel like QUILTING!"
    Me too.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    See if you can find "The Creative Fire" by Estes. SHe talks a lot about the cycle of the creative artist. It always ebes and flows.

Have been doing this for over 65 years and in my mid 30's i put everything away and thought about selling it off when a friend offered to buy it and when I came to my sense sell it back .

I didn't take her offer, but I did have a period of several years where I just didn't care about working. However, since that time, the "down" time varies but I never think of selling it all and walking away.

Try to find something totally different to work on, something that makes your heart sing (certainly not models )
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    Disgusted with everything for no reason I can put my finger on
    Hi Don,

if you can afford it - go for a long trip, somewhere on another continent if possible.

cheers,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never once thought of quitting in more than sixty years, because it's part of my D.N.A, it's who I am.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When that feeling hits, I just buy another camera. I heard Richard Thompson say once that every new guitar had at least one great song in it. My theory is same goes for cameras!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just now, I had a major happiness by deciding I had nothing to lose and trying a trick. I just got a 12 inch Bausch and Lomb lens today from fleabay. When I opened the box and looked at it, my heart sank--my 136 dollars was wasted for sure. The inside surface of the rear lens doublet looked like somebody polished it with steel wool. Scratches so bad it was totally worthless. So I got out a pice of cotton and put a dab of Ultra-Brite Advanced Whitening toothpaste on it and rubbed it around a couple minutes. Then squirted some windex on a piece of toilet paper to clean off the toothpaste, and the lens was clear as a bell. Amazing. Now I can proceed to try to repair the 1912 Betax #4 shutter which doesn't work, which is why I got the thing for 136 bucks. Wish me luck.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    lightwisps,

Sounds like a passing phase, look forward to hearing how you overcome the feeling. I'd recommend you go see a Wynne Bullock show. While I know him for the black and white work, reminiscent of your "Garage Sale"...In his lifetime he did Sabbatier/Solarizations and took photographs of broken glass on slide film.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have to print all my best from each and every film I ever shot. FB archival. I've been doing it for the past 4 years and I have about 10 years left in order to finally finish my whole collection, at the rate of a dozen 16x20 or 20x24 prints or about 25 11x14 a week.

Some masterpieces in there. But sometines I do ask myself why do I bother with all this. My answer is thay I am extremely stubborn and that I was born with a camera in my hand. Therefore I won't quit. Everybody has a vice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Damn --- aging eyes -- I thought this said "Ever feel like QUILTING!" (My Faire Spouse is a "fabric fondler.")
    I wonder if quilters ever feel like quitting?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin