Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,040   Online: 987

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Ever feel like quiting?

Ever feel like selling all your gear and just forgetting about it completely? I am at that point. Maybe it is fleeting, maybe it is lasting. Considering selling all my stuff and moving on. Anyone else ever get like this? Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, never. I have set my gear aside for periods of time when I get that kind of feeling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not yet, but I've only been doing it for 30 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What equipment do you have?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    Ever feel like selling all your gear and just forgetting about it completely? I am at that point. Maybe it is fleeting, maybe it is lasting. Considering selling all my stuff and moving on. Anyone else ever get like this? Don
    I feel like quitting just about every day--quitting everything. Then I think about the men in the Apollo 13 LEM. I once heard Jim Lovell say they had gotten to the point they could have flipped out and started bouncing off the walls, but when it was over they would have been been right where they were in the first place.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A couple of mint F5s 3 lenses, Saunders/LPL 4450 and 3 lenses and all the rest of the darkroom equipment for up to 20X24, arkay dual dryer and all the regular junk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why are you thinking of quitting? Time? Money? Inspiration? Results?

Shooter
    35mm
    I have one-or-two hobbies apart from photography, and I occasionally put one or the other (including photography) "on hold" for a while. Then something stirs my interest again, and I come back feeling refreshed and with a new enthusiasm. I don't get too worried...my choice, my time, my money, so long as it doesn't affect my work/wife/family/friends.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    A couple of mint F5s 3 lenses, Saunders/LPL 4450 and 3 lenses and all the rest of the darkroom equipment for up to 20X24, arkay dual dryer and all the regular junk.
    I agree darkroom work can be a drag sometimes.
    But I never get tired of photographing things. I enjoy observing,discovering and composing so much, alot of times I do not even care if I get prints made or if anyone else even sees what I shot.

Maybe you should try and switch things up and shoot with 2 1/4 TLR? You get a new format to challenge your composition skills with, a new way view your subject matter with waist level viewfinder, larger negative to work with, etc.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin