Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,446   Online: 817

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yashica Lynx 14 with 45mm f1.4 for $5.00 at Lynwood, WA. Goodwill
    Rolleichord tlr $50 at a no name thrift store in Eastern Washington

Cook Hobsen 12" at St Vincent DePaul in Everett, Wa. $5.00 in soft leather pouch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickth View Post
    Cook Hobsen 12" at St Vincent DePaul in Everett, Wa. $5.00 in soft leather pouch.
    Lesser known than the otherwise serviceable Cooke Hobson lenses, but quite nice, I hear.

I'll give you $10 for it.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Just yesterday at a flea market;

A Gossen Luna Pro. Checked it out with a couple of #675 zinc air batteres and readings were right on, less than 1/3 stop difference compared to my digital SLR and a Gossen Pilot.

Total price, $15

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Lesser known than the otherwise serviceable Cooke Hobson lenses, but quite nice, I hear.

I'll give you $10 for it.
    Sorry, traded it for a nice Sekonic meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just recently, 5 half-way not destroyed fidelity 4x5 holders for $10

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    Just yesterday at a flea market;

A Gossen Luna Pro. Checked it out with a couple of #675 zinc air batteres and readings were right on, less than 1/3 stop difference compared to my digital SLR and a Gossen Pilot.

Total price, $15
    Why am I not finding opportunities like this? It is not for lack of looking.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just picked an Olympus Stylus 120 with two rolls of Fuji Superia 400 film for the outrageous sum of one dollar. They wanted two bucks, but I held firm at one, and got it. The battery was dead in it, and I thought I would have to buy a new one, but found a spare in the case with it. Running a test roll through it now. Flash works, seems to fire correctly and advance the film as it should, we'll see.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Nikkormat, Nikkor 50mm f/2, Tamron 28mm f/2.5 Adaptall 2 that focuses to 10" and stops down to f/32, and a monster Vivitar Series 1 135mm f/2.3. The camera's meter is shaky, but usable. There is a touch of fungus in a few of the more accessible lens elements. All for $12.98 in a Land's End case.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Polaroid 450 Land camera - six bucks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Why am I not finding opportunities like this? It is not for lack of looking.
    My "finds" come few and far between. And besides $15 for the older Luna Pro is not a steal, OK but not great. My last find was more than 2 years ago when I found a "jammed" Canon QL17 GIII also for $15. Really clean externally I found they had it set on 'auto' with no battery installed and naturally the shutter would not release. I took a chance that the meter was ok and when I walked the few blocks home tried it out with a #675 hearing aid battery and the meter functioned correctly. Of course I had already checked the manual control and found it within nominal limits.

So keep searching, go early after opening, check often and you'll have a better chance of a good find.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin