Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,052   Online: 1116

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Thrift Store Finds

Well, I decided this would make a good topic. I haven't seen anything like this other than that "even-steven" thread, but this isn't entirely the same.

I'll start it off with saying I got a Minolta Flash Meter II for $4, a Yashica T4 for free, a Pentax K1000 (with strap and 50mm f/1.8) for $2, two Polaroid SX-70s ($10 each), a myriad of Polaroid folders, another myriad of Polaroid 600-series cameras, a big Minolta Maxxum kit ($7), and some stainless-steel reels that I got for a quarter a piece including a 120 reel. Oh, and I just found a Mamiya/Sekor 55mm f/1.8 for a dollar.

Your turn!
    Check out my website!

Yashica T4, Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Yashica-D.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I haven't had any great thrift store finds, but my dream is to walk into a secondhand book shop one day and find William Henry Fox Talbot's Notebook L (never found to date).

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My list is longer but the fun bits have been 2 Nikon F2's with three or four nice primes for 70$, A 35mm Angineiux f/2.5 for 12$, A Polaroid 600SE with lens for 22$, about six Olympus XA's for a couple of bucks a pop. The odds aren't good but when you do find something you feel like a rock star.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang Illumi I always wonder where you get all the stuff you offer for sale because you always have very fair/decent prices on your stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The ones I can remember off the top of my head are an Olympus XA4 for $1, an XA with original box for $5, an Anniversary Speed Graphic and two Kodak folders for $25, a Canon A1 for $15, and a Nikon R8 Super 8 camera in near-mint condition for $25.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    35mm
    How about the one that got away? Well, not got away... there was (and still is) this Nikkromat FTN in mint condition in a glass case, with a chrome nosed 50mm 1.4 lens, all for $199. I was too poor to buy it. Still am. It's still there I'm sure.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a new Armani suit for all of $20 once. (There was also a Calvin Klein but it was too big for me)
    Still hanging out for that great camera/lens find though...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Suit?? Haven't worn one since I retired 10 years ago. I've left instructions that I be laid to rest in a tee shirt and cargo pants.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    An old (working) Diana camera -- marked $1.00, but only 75 cents when I brought it to the counter.

Area of Temporary Refuge
    Carbon Print
    From Diana Camera (out-dated Tech Pan film)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3BoysNorthJetty.jpg  
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've looked and looked but haven't found anything. Must be going to the wrong thrift stores.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin