Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,778   Online: 718

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marciofs View Post
    By the way. Does anyone know a good and affordable black and white film that has less than 36 exposures? Because 36 exposure for test are often too many.
    Buy bulk and spool any length you want. I keep a bulk roll of Fomapan 100 for quicky projects, I don't shoot enough 35mm to buy 24 or 36 exposure rolls.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    May it is not a good test but here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i2nt.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	449.5 KB 
ID:	73182

I actually like the oranfe filter the best.

It was shot with Ilford Delta 100.

PS: How many frames can I load in a 35mm capsule? I wonder if I can use it for travel loadinh the maximum I can

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by marciofs View Post
    May it is not a good test but here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i2nt.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	449.5 KB 
ID:	73182

I actually like the oranfe filter the best.

It was shot with Ilford Delta 100.

PS: How many frames can I load in a 35mm capsule? I wonder if I can use it for travel loadinh the maximum I can
    You could probably get 40 exposures BUT at the risk of damaging the film. Why run the risk?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodachrome Professional 36 exposure rolls often had 38-39 exposures on them. Slides in my collection have numbers of 36, 37, 38 and 39.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Back to the filter question, always remember that filters don't lighten their own color, they hold back (thinner on the neg, darker on the print) other colors, holding back their opposite (or complementary) colors the most. Objects of their own color remain relatively unaffected. It's the application of the filter factor, increasing exposure, that make it's own color objects heavier on the negative, or lighter on the print, depending on how you decide to print.
    It makes sense to me that the orange worked well for Marcio, as it has some yellow, related to green, so, not too extreme, but enough to enhance the value differences within the green leaves.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    By the way. My filters are Cokin. I don't know about their quality but they are the ones I could afford.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin