Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,038   Online: 937

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Mark, loved that story and a great post, thanks. It reminds me of an experience I had when about 12 or 13. I noticed an ad in the local paper that the great Weegee would be at the photographic department of Owen & Owen on Saturday afternoon. I went along and there was no one else there. He was smoking a big cigar and spent about 30 minutes explaining different cameras to me.
    Last edited by cliveh; 09-14-2013 at 03:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    AAAah, Weegee, a/k/a Arthur Fellig. Yes !!! Now HE was a street photographer. What an incredible experience that must have been. Interesting how those chance encounters become so valuable to us an engrained in our memories. I sometimes think the younger we were the better the experiences.

It's rather amazing when you think of the totality of experience around this site and the common threads that weave us all together. Film and cameras.

Thanks for your memories too Clive.
    Mark
    Thanks for

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first camera was a Brownie Holiday that my oldest sis gave me for christmas at the ripe old age of 10. The following spring I recieved a Sears home darkroom kit for my 11th birthday. That was many years ago (1961/62) havent stopped shooting film or processing.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I must be the youngster around here because my first camera was a Polaroid Swinger which I got for Christmas in 1967 (or so). I still have it somewhere. My favorite part was the squeezy red sleeve around the shutter button which you used to adjust the aperture (I think) and it would flash "Yes" in the viewfinder when you set it correctly. I don't think I used it too much because film for it was pretty expensive and since Mom and Dad we're paying ( i was only eight at the time), these was a limited supply. But it did get me started and I haven't given up yet.
    Louis
    (Paladin1420)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin