Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,991   Online: 851

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few Samples

Shooter
    Medium Format

A few Samples

Hey guys,

Just posted a few images on my flickr account. Admin..? if I'm violating anything let me know.
    Link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85205838@N06/

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not spring for a subscription here and post to the gallery. Those are good photos, but flickr does auto sharpening so its hard to tell how well you actually did.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent photos.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Rick A.. the main reason I did Flickr, is that it's public viewing with being password protected. Nothing agaianst APUG, but you have to provide a log in and be a member to view Gallery.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Hi Rick A.. the main reason I did Flickr, is that it's public viewing with being password protected. Nothing agaianst APUG, but you have to provide a log in and be a member to view Gallery.

Todd
    That's a slap in the face if I ever read one, and a way round paying any subs. and displaying your work free of charge, and thumbing his nose at us, what a cheapskate, I hope the moderators will close this loophole .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    That's a slap in the face if I ever read one, and a way round paying any subs. and displaying your work free of charge, and thumbing his nose at us, what a cheapskate, I hope the moderators will close this loophole .
    What you said!!
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I understand it. There are those outside the film community who wouldn't be able to see his work if he only posted it here. Perhaps that's what he meant with his reply. Giving anyone the initial benefit of the doubt seems reasonable enough!

I do think, though, that he should be springing for a membership. We all get so much from this forum, that the price is far less than the value we get in return! Just the time put into keeping this place for us is worth far more than the cost, and deserves something.

I hope I'm not being out of line.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    What you said!!
    It makes the members like us who are subscribers Rick look like idiots, I've been retired for nine years and still manage pay my dues.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The issue isn't that we look like idiots, at least to my thinking. It shows we appreciate the site.

If being able to show his work to folks outside the realm of APUG is important, there isn't much choice. No one will join just to see one person's work.

He should be paying for his membership, and showing his appreciation for the work and value this site provides to everyone. Even before I went back to film, this site was a gold mine of photographic information, and the fee is worth every penny and then some!

Just my thoughts, and again, I hope I'm not out of line!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post

Todd
    hi todd

im a bit confused ..

don't you need to log in to post anything on flickr, and log in to post to thread's here ?
    not really sure what the difference is, other than apug's gallery being for subscribers
    which squelches down on image theft.
    while i have a flickr account i rarely post anything there because i don't like the idea
    of people stealing my work, and its well known that ad agencies and other people
    who would usually pay for stock or paid photographer's work prowl and steal work fromflickr.

john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin