Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,019   Online: 789

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Acratech outstanding service

2nd time they fixed an issue for free. I got the tripod insert stuck on my long lens head and it was removed and replaced for free. This time, my tripod fell and the quick release knob landed on the concrete slighting bending the shaft and again fixed for free. Looks like it got a little tune up also. Bonus, they make great products.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Acratech is an AWESOME company!

Scott, the owner/founder is a real stand-up guy, and the products they make/innovate are truly outstanding(as you've stated ) and IMO, are the *BEST* on the market.

Really Right Stuff makes very good stuff too. However, to ME, the "open ball" design that Acratech employs is simply the best, most straightforward design allowing the easiest/lowest amount of maintenance(or lack of potential repairs).

Their products are very well priced, extremely well made, and yeah: super lightweight for the weight they can support!

I've seen their facility in-person(as I'm local to their shop). They're a small company, but that's a good thing IMO. They don't outsource any manufacturing of their products/parts, so q/c is extremely tight and controlled to the nth degree.

If anyone reading this is looking to buy the last ballhead they'll need for the rest of eternity, give Acratech your business !

cheers,
    Dan

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    On that first repair, the person on the phone said no charge, but I wanted to give them at least something so I put a check for $20.00 to cover shipping at a minimum. Didn't even cash it.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nbagno View Post
    Bonus, they make great products.
    Absolutely. I never fail to make gear snobs and neophytes alike aware of their great products, when appropriate. I've owned a head for over ten years, with no issues, though I may be more careful with my gear .

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin