Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,485   Online: 854

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps you might think about giving Minox a try while you are at it!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Yes, it will give equal or better results at what, a twenty-fifth the size??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I thought the same thing reading this thread. Minox film is everywhere and easy to obtain (all you need is a splitter made from razor blades) whereas regular-8 is currently only available in one B&W emulsion.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello again,

I think cinematography com forum members have long forgotten knowledge about yvar lenses , 13mm f:1.9 came to me and it has two rings , one for focus , other one is aperture. Its in excellent shape but I dont have an idea it is colliminated - new term to me-. I read at somewhere ,each lens colliminated for each camera , we might need not to swap the lenses on the camera , come and tell the ebay sellers and buyers.

I received the camera , it is working like an watch and 8 fps to 64 fps variable , I think - there is a chart on the camera - it changes from 1/17 second to 1/160 seconds shutter speeds. I need an empty spool and an cable release and adapter but no luck until now.

ic racer , for correct you there are least 5 sellers of color and bw fresh film on regular 8 mm format. If I am lucky , I will start to try the camera in a month after the clearing my need list.

I decided to try first roll with a distance meter and a notebook. I will try to fix any problem with focus differences after first film roll came to me.

Camera has differentiable view finder you can adapt to lens.

And I need a light meter. Above four costs me equivalent amount of money to body price.

For 12 dollars , and 40 dollars development fee , you can take 2000 may be 2500 frames . I think I can buy postal stamp collector sleeves and collect all 15 meter film been cut 15 cms pieces in stamp collector book. Sleeves made for securing small to bigger stamps and there is also transparent Lighthouse branded - Germany - sleeves to collect the big carnets opened. For each sleeve opening , its possible to put all 15 cms film non cut from the middle. And for each A4 plastic , there are 8 or so sleeves. Bad thing about them , stamps dances in the sleeves if you dont put them upright at your room.

Body came with original purchase box and the original documents signed at early 1950s.

Umut

I have 40X stamp engraving print microscope with light at the side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    ic racer , for correct you there are least 5 sellers of color and bw fresh film on regular 8 mm format. If I am lucky , I will start to try the camera in a month after the clearing my need list.
    Do you have a link to any fresh regular 8 B&W reversal film other than FOMA? The only supplier I know of (John Schwind) is out of Kodak film permanently.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello ic racer , check KAHL. They have various regular 8mm color and bw films at their website. They are 3 times more expensive than FOMA.
    I asked cinematography forum site about their origin and all they said its similar or better than FOMA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello again,

I think cinematography com forum members have long forgotten knowledge about yvar lenses , 13mm f:1.9 came to me and it has two rings , one for focus , other one is aperture. Its in excellent shape but I dont have an idea it is colliminated - new term to me-. I read at somewhere ,each lens colliminated for each camera , we might need not to swap the lenses on the camera , come and tell the ebay sellers and buyers.
    Hmm. The point of standard lens mounts (in the small gauge cine world, D-mount, C-mount, H8RX-mount) is to make lenses interchangeable without requiring collimation to a particular camera. Kern and Bolex worked to high standards. If I were you I wouldn't worry about having the lens collimated to your camera until you have good evidence -- fuzzy images shot with distance measured with a tape, lens focused using its focusing scale, camera on a tripod, subject nailed down -- that it has to be done.

Stop worrying and start shooting!

Re worry, some years ago my wife and I spent a few days in Ajo, Arizona. Ate every evening in what we thought was Ajo's only decent restaurant. It had a young waitress, sort of cute in a blonde pouty-faced top-heavy way, with a bad attitude. One day she wore a sweatshirt with the message "I am always right. You are always wrong." Welcome to the club of the always wrong and stop worrying.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello ic racer , check KAHL. They have various regular 8mm color and bw films at their website. They are 3 times more expensive than FOMA.
    I asked cinematography forum site about their origin and all they said its similar or better than FOMA.
    The B&W is old film, website translates: "layered remnants from our warehouse ... 1999"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Dan and ic-racer.

Dan, thank you clearing my mind. I was worrying about collimination and I dont know how repair shops fix it , may be they have a way to adjust the mount. And repairing a bolex camera costs starts 12 times than the camera. I must say ic-racer is a better researcher than me , I never seen 1999 at their website. By the way I learned 1.8 is 4 elements and 1.9 is 3 elements design. FOMA reversal development kit costs 35 euros and may be more shipping expense. I asked cinematography com about availability of pretesting a roll end to decide on development times and they say only few does it in the world. I dont know who ?

I made an calculation , 35mm film has 16 megapixels if I am not wrong 30 mb or so information. If I am using 1/7 of the 35 mm , it makes 4 megabytes of information per frame. I put my images 500 kb to the gallery. Does it make I can put same quality image with 35mm image more compressed with less compression of 8 mm frame ?

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think I was wrong , 8mm film has area 1/25 of 35mm. Its possible to scan 35 mm film 30 mb without adding noise.
    If I have 1/25 area , I have 1.2 mb from 8 mm. If I %50 compress it , I found that I have postcard size image without lose.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin