Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,721   Online: 865

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa, I really think you should re-consider using a small single-frame camera, rather than the Bolex for this project. Here are a few cameras from my collection that I use. They all take NON-Perforatred film that can be slit with a razor-blade splitter from larger film. They all have re-loadable cartridges. All these cameras are available for not much money. The ones I use all have fully adjustable focus, aperture and shutter speed (except for the Minox with its fixed aperture).
    In terms of film, you can get fresh Double-X Kodak 16mm NEGATIVE film for about $25 US Dollars. That film fits right in the 16mm cameras in the picture and can be easily slit to fit the Minox.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file-1251.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	76276

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ic, I agree completely, but Mustafa is neck-deep in brown stuff that isn't shoe polish and I'm not sure he can get out.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I cant get out from brown stuff , I jumped in to it and I am in it neck depth. Well , I found an very old guy selling release cable , wrote to him to England and wait confirmation for its fit to C8. I need a empty reel and its damm expensive or its cheap and postage costs 35 dollars.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ic racer , how many frames does records a fresh 16mm camera film for 25 dollars. This is the most important question ? By the way , I liked all of your cameras very much , do you consider to sell me metal one with metallic glass one.
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 11-02-2013 at 03:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2 feet = 20 exposures so the 100 foot roll gives 1000 exposures.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I checked ebay and minolta 16 camera is less than 15 dollars but image quality is similar to other japanese optics, basically I look for rock solid images whether it was 4 postal stamp size or so. I found flickr images as foggy , low contrast and dull. And I never could not agree with Double X. I found someone put paillard yvar on pentax digital camera and there is 100 years of image quality difference. I think I must save for release cable. I liked the viewfinder of Bolex. I have nothing to lose after all , biggest buy been bought. If the lens or camera have an error , I sell it at Germany ebay and buy a minox but I have a Leica Mini Zoom and Rollei 35S and buying big roll of film and develop at home is cheaper and better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I checked ebay and minolta 16 camera is less than 15 dollars but image quality is similar to other japanese optics, basically I look for rock solid images whether it was 4 postal stamp size or so. I found flickr images as foggy , low contrast and dull. And I never could not agree with Double X. I found someone put paillard yvar on pentax digital camera and there is 100 years of image quality difference. I think I must save for release cable. I liked the viewfinder of Bolex. I have nothing to lose after all , biggest buy been bought. If the lens or camera have an error , I sell it at Germany ebay and buy a minox but I have a Leica Mini Zoom and Rollei 35S and buying big roll of film and develop at home is cheaper and better.
    Mustafa, before you condemn "japanese optics" you should educate yourself about how good they are and aren't. I know that you've drunk the Leica koolaid and are resistant to reality, but broad generalizations such as you've just made are too much.

I don't know why, but you seem to have fixed on the idea that the cost of film holds you back from doing something that's important to you. Smaller formats use less film, therefore Mustafa should use smaller formats. Smaller formats can't match larger ones for image quality and getting the best they can give is difficult.

Why don't you take a cold shower or swim the Bosporus or do something else to release tension and then reconsider how best to attain your goals given your resources? As is, you've set yourself up for continuous frustration.

There are good reasons why no one uses small gauge cine cameras to shoot stills (except, of course, for animation work) and why very few people use even half-frame 35 mm cameras very much. Half-frame 35 mm never really caught on. Reflect on why it didn't.

And while you're reflecting, contemplate why I never used my Super 8 Beaulieus (that have superlative optics) to shoot stills. I had the opportunity. Why didn't I take it? Please don't tell me that I'm stupid or ignorant. Also contemplate why I never shot 16 mm (hint: cost, weight, size).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 4-element Rokkor 22mm f2.8 lens is one of the best lenses in the history of 16mm still cameras. Here is a 4x5" print from a negative taken with the older 3-element Rokkor lens. Keys to sharpness are not stopping down more than f 5.6 and using the fastest shutter speed or supporting the camera on a stationary object.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Minolta16mm.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	76296

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dan is correct, if not tactful, in post 41. It seems better for many of us to take a few or a few hundred good photos with 35mm or larger equipment than to save money by taking endless poor photos. Perhaps using cine equipment is practical for someone plotting to impose upon their Facebook friends with thousands of otherwise useless images.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have lots of reasons to select that path.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin