Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,324   Online: 1023

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

How LCD Screen does it ?

How it would be possible to address every each pixel and send them different signals without interrupt at a LCD screen or camera sensor ?
    I know there are transistors but how to send information to one pixel when there are thousands of them around ?
    Can anyone explain if possible with transistor theory.
    And how an ic compute the complex commands n such tiny space ?
    We are all using such equipment and its huge problem for me.
    How many transistors do we need to make an basic calculator for example ?

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Look up active and passive LCD matrix displays, and CCDs. Typically pixels are addressed in a row/column fashion, not "all at once".

Not sure what this has to do with analog photography though.
    - Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Small ones are typically a matrix. Each pixel (or element in a simple display like calculator) is connected to a column wire and a row wire, to activate a single pixel you drive the correct pair of wires. For a 6-digit 7-segment display, you would normally have 6 columns (the digits) and 7 rows (the segments) and scan through accordingly. You need to scan the whole display fast enough (100Hz+) that the eye doesn't notice the flicker.

I suggest you do some googling. There are excellent free logic-design courses online that will teach you all of this, including how all the state machines work, etc.

This is not very analogue and I suggest we stop here.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin