Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,905   Online: 828

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cannot recommend Aki Asahi enough. Nothing but great experiences with him on three orders.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to all who responded. While cameraleather.com has a wider range of offerings, past practices argue for caution. That said, aki-asahi will get the nod. So...a nice blue F2 is in the future (possibly an F3HP/MD4 as well...although bright red is also a possibility...).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

dae

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Morgan Sparks, Cameraleather.com

I ordered leather for my Contax RTS II and paid via PayPal on Oct. 27th. On Nov. 10th, having heard nothing I emailed to get a status report. Morgan replied on the 11th. that it would take 15 days to ship but would send me shipping date next day. Nothing. On Dec. 16th. I asked again. On Dec 17th. I asked for a reply. Nothing. I have just sent an email asking (woefully) for my money back. Is this guy or his company dead? Any info on this or have I just been suckered?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Experiences seem to vary, but I've had good experience with Morgan and Cameraleather.com. I've received numerous coverings and even sent him my M3 to recover because I didn't feel up to removing the vulcanite. All handled in a timely manner, although I understand that others have had less satisfactory outcomes.

I've also used Aki Asahi and his turnaround is phenomenal, but a very limited selection of surfaces. In fact, the one he used to offer which I like the best (for Leicas) is no longer offered.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got a very nice email from Morgan at Cameraleather.com that my order has shipped out, after two years. He was very kind. I had been trying with no success to reach him for some time. I'm very happy he came through. I hope he gets that side of his business smoothed out. I've always been pleased with the quality of his kits.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered the leathers from cameraleathers.com and got it promptly. Due to my lack of info (wrong body model on my new to me then Hasselblad), I had to re-order but the order arrived quickly also. This has been my only transaction but it was a very good transaction FWIW.

Shooter
    35mm
    Although I haven't ordered from him in a couple of years, I have made numerous purchases from Cameraleather in the past with no problems. His material and selection is first rate. Mistakes and mishaps can happen, especially with a small company with limited resources. Unfortunately, most of the time you only hear about the few negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A friend reports a recent (6 weeks ago) transaction which was good in all respects - so maybe the tide is coming in for Cameraleather ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had nothing but good experiences with cameraleather.com. Service is faster if I order a piece of material and cut it myself, but even custom pieces usually take around two weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin