Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,082   Online: 876

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Recent Experiences with cameraleather.com ?

Given that one of the F2 bodies that I recently picked up is in need of a recovering, I am curious as to the options available. cameraleather.com seems to have the widest selection of coverings available, but checking in on one of the threads here, I noticed some rumblings of discontent with the company.

That said, the company's site has been completely redone, leading me to wonder if there has been changes to its operation - more staff? a new owner? additional equipment? Has anyone here dealt with the company in the recent past? Say within the last several months? Thoughts or comments on the service/quality of product/wait times?
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi bradleyK
    you might consider emailing him and finding out what his
    turn around time is. my guess is the "stuff" which was keeping him
    away from his camera leather business might have cleared up and his
    turn around time is faster than before, but i could be wrong ...

john

Shooter
    Multi Format

Recent Experiences with cameraleather.com ?

I'm still waiting after 2 years. Took my money and said thanks, after that nothing. Will not respond to me in anyway. Lots of similar stories like that out there. Also website has not changed substantially in recent years. All I can say is: Beware!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They got a warning this year about exotic/reptile leathers. Worth reading.
    (I hought those leather came from farms and thus would not be a problem.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What I will make clear at the outset is that I have never had any dealings with Camera Leather.

I recently needed to re-cover a Canon SIIb. Camera Leather's price for the covering was $48, and they offered the service of re-covering at $75 - the total without shipping would have been $38 more than the camera cost me. Looking at their pictures of re-covered Leica screwmounts and screwmount copies, the replacement covering seemed too thick in places, standing proud of the metal trim, and had gaps.
    I elected to cut my own leather and install it myself.

Shooter
    35mm
    Look around for that Japanese guy, he gets all my business now.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FWIW I had a good recent experience (Sept 2013) with cameraleather.com for a new covering for my Leica iii. Good communication, fast shipping, good products.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stay away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still waiting for an order placed and paid for a year ago last spring. Several reminders, no response. Prior to that I had a few successful, albeit slow, transactions with him, and the quality was good. Communication has never been his strong suit. You pays your money, you takes your chances.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin