Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,327   Online: 1082

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 46 cameras at the last count. A few of those were professional equipment in their day, a few were very cheap when new. I buy them because they are interesting in some way. All of them get used at some point (not the Meisupii as it uses Bolta format film) - obviously not very often.

So, no - not an equipment snob; more an equipment fan.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm a reverse snob. I like to use the crappiest cameras and make better photographs than the guys who are stroking their princess Leica's. Do I have a Leica? Yes I do, but it's a photographers camera, not a gear lusters camera. A lot of Leicaphiles would have me stoned. I have no problem with people buying whatever they want, just a bit of Robin Hood in me. Stick it to the 1 percenters.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i don't have any preference for the cameras i use.
    i have too many of them so just grab what it handy
    or that will be easiest to work with with the medium i am working with
    so, a 35mm or half frame or 110 might work, or if i am using paper negatives
    something bigger, but im not too particular ... that larger one might be a junky pre war box camera
    or a 8x10 camera ..

i guess i am a little bit of an equipment snob, i don't really like too much auto
    cause i don't bother with any of that stuff, id like to over ride all of it ...

so .. are YOU an equipment snob ?
    why, why not ?

iam, but I don't feel guilty about it. it is normal for people who like a craft toenjoy the tools of the trade too.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I own just the cameras listed in my signature block. I have one 35mm rangefinder on the way, and that camera I don't need having ordered it out of desperation. I know I'm a snob. I just don't know how to act like one . . . yet.

Shooter
    35mm
    A snob looks down his nose at what other folks own/use/covet and by definition, APUGers do that. Film versus digital. It's ingrained - no pun intended.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My cameras have to be german like my leicas, linhofs and rolleiflexes. Except for those ones that are sort of german like my Contaxes and Zeiss ZMs. But then there are those that have that air of german quality like my Sinar and Hasselblads. And then there are those cameras that just work and are built like german tanks, like my Nikons and Fuji texas leicas. My favourite at the moment is of course my Instax.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aren't we all in our own way.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I totally am. Although I always aspire to greater things...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John, of course I'm a snob. A consummate snob. Or, if you prefer French, je suis tres snob.

But not about possessions. I rate people on the way they rate others. Rate others on what they have or don't have, m'friend, and you sink to the bottom. Rate yourself on what you have, same result.

Shooter
    35mm
    Not a snob when it comes to equipment. Impress me with your pictures.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin