Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,698   Online: 825

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i.../t-117421.html

I checked the classifieds archive and in one month , an F5 sold for 360 dollars at APUG.

I checked the ebay , two were there , one 395 dollars , one 695 dollars , only body.

Higher the quality of photographs , higher the requested prices.

You can photograph each of your two cameras with one other

Ebay sellers were from France and Germany.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry to learn about the reason to sell. Don't discount local markets through Kijiji, UsedOttawa and Craiglist either. I've bought and sold successfully through these channels. Some real bargains for me as a buyer but also realistic prices both as a buyer and as a seller. With good pictures posted it might work and it saves you the hassle of packaging and mailing. I might be able to help you with some darkroom items if you decide to sell.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry... ... it's all just stuff as many have said.

If you don't have the time to mess with it... I'd say KEH...but it's all supply and demand.. and in reality there is an oversupply for "users" of this stuff.

I was eye-balling an item on e-bay that sold... then it was re-listed the same day... I inquired, they said it was a "i-phone bidder" that didn't mean to bid.
    ($1000 item). I smell a proxy bidder on the side to inflate the price... and if this is the case what about the second place bidder? Anyway auctions can be a PITA if you have a lot of items to move.

There are some items I am surprised that KEH even buys...... in the end they need to make their cut. Especially if they sit on items for months and years.

Best to you.
    Peace

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it's all been said, but to add my two cents. Ebay will bring the highest prices, but figure in 13% cost to ebay and paypal. KEH, B&H, etc. if you're in a hurry and willing to take half price. Here is a good place, if you know the price you want and willing to ship. Craigslist is good too, no fees and you can get a fair price if there are buyers in your area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    KEH can give you a firm quote online. Quick cash with them.

Ebay holds your money up to 21 days depending, as I just found out.

Craigslist is great, but I meet people at a coffee shop.

This forum and LFF is also quick cash, IF somebody wants it. My nice F5 is not selling here for $350 right now.

Darkroom anything can be tough.

I do see more action in buying as money seems to flowing better.

3 hours ago I sold my van on Craigslist, that I have been trying to sell for a year.

Good luck with everything!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The fact that you are in Canada adds complexity when you consider KEH.

I wish you the best.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well sometimes things go right. Sold my BMW convertible today. One less thing to worry about. And insure since I rarely drive now. Don

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    So sorry to hear Don
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's why I sold my van, owning a car is a burden, I don't need either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I enjoy seeing your photos in the gallery so I hope you don't sell everything.

Sorry to hear about this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin