Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,684   Online: 810

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

If I sell everything

Where would I do the best? That includes my cameras and all my darkroom equipment. I am thinking maybe KEH or B&H, but also here. I am facing a medical decision maker. Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted. Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't help you with the equipment. But I hope everything works out medically. Best regards, Alan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear.

I bet it would go fast here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Selling up is sad news, but guess you have a decision to make.

Depends how motivated you are to get the absolute best price. Probably here is as good as anywhere. Selling through commercial outlets is probably easy but won't bring the most $ and breaking up into small lots on ebay probably has potential for highest return but is hassle. If its good kit, as I'm sure it is, and money isn't the prime motivator, why not contact the local colleges where photog courses are held and see if you can advertise there. I always think selling kit to someone you know is going to use it has more satisfaction.

All the best, Simon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Good luck.

Umut

ps. I looked in your gallery images , some of them were excellent and You have Nikon equipment if I am wrong. As you might notice , nikon cameras are the most loved ones in 35mm space and you can sell them to a good price and quick. Try to search in classifieds and look to the selling prices.
    Take your cameras best pictures and put in here. There are tons of nikon will wait you at the future after you survived from the illness. I am remembering your apug name from the past but I did not see here for a long time.
    Luckily you are subscriber and use that advantage. May be you buy a M3 at the future.

Take care and best wishes.
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 11-22-2013 at 11:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it depends how much work you are willing to put into it. I would put the crown jewels up here first. If they don't go for a fair price, off to eBay. KEH would be the easiest, but probably the lowest return.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Mustafa, I only have 2 Nikon F5s but all Nikon lenses too.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    I think it depends how much work you are willing to put into it. I would put the crown jewels up here first. If they don't go for a fair price, off to eBay. KEH would be the easiest, but probably the lowest return.
    Definitely agree with this. eBay may look better on the surface but you have fees in their system + Paypal, so net will likely be less, plus you have to go off of the actual "Sold Listings" for price estimates versus doing a current search for what is available (i.e.: hasn't sold yet). This throws people off at first, thinking that if there are 5 up there with Buy-It-Now prices at $200, they will get $200 for theirs.

If you live in/reasonably near a larger city, you could try putting up a Craigslist post, although I don't know if it is used much in your area.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    Where would I do the best? That includes my cameras and all my darkroom equipment. I am thinking maybe KEH or B&H, but also here. I am facing a medical decision maker. Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted. Don
    Try here first with a nice list and clear photographs. If that fails then eBay has to be the best place. The audience is massive.

RR

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    Try here first with a nice list and clear photographs. If that fails then eBay has to be the best place....
    Agree. Write a short description and take a few pics, and place it in the APUG classifieds. KEH, B&H, Adorama, and all the big outlets, will give you about 50% of what they will sell it for.
    —Eric

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin