Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,792   Online: 671

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Most tactile camera to use

Out of all the cameras you own or have handled and disregarding design, function etc. What one camera do you consider the most tactile to use? For me, I think it would have to be a Leica II not in its case. When Oskar Barnack designed this camera, I think he was in direct communication with god.
    Last edited by cliveh; 11-27-2013 at 04:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think my most tactile camera I have is my Canon T 90.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For me it is the OM40. Sounds odd to chose a ruber coated consumer grade SLR, but I can control everything from the lens barrel (aperture, focus, and shutter speed). I never need to take my eye from the view finder. All the controls have nice clear clicks whcih let me know when things have been changed, even when wearing light gloves. I might prefer an OM-single digit, but I haven't had the chance to handle one in as good condition as my OM40.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Out of all the cameras you own or have handled and disregarding design, function etc. What one camera do you consider the most tactile to use? For me, I think it would have to be a Leica II not in its case.
    Leica II/III are really nice, but I don't have one.I had a couple DS M3s, they felt almost as good as the early Nikons. I do however have a Canon SIIb, which has very much the same feel as a Barnack Leica except for the Nikonish angled corners. I also like the angular solidity of my Nikon F/Nikkormat FT/FTN. I'm rating these on simply holding them, not smoothness of controls & etc., and I'm sticking to 35mm.

Shooter
    35mm
    A F6 felt the best in my hands out of the many cameras I have seen & owned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rolleiflex TLR. I miss mine insanely, but can't afford to buy it back.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Minolta Maxxum 7.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    My top two cameras: Pentax 67 MLU and M3. Probably because they are so simple.

A lot of them are 90-95% there but have some small oddities holding them back: SX70 focus wheel, Canon A1 function dial, Rolleicord's linked aperture/shutter dials, Canon 7 has so many little knobs/switches on the top/back panel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most tactile? My Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera! When I'm looking at the ground glass focussing screen under the dark cloth all the camera and lens controls are located and operated by touch only.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suppose the question means, which cameras feel best in the hand -- convenience of controls, tactile sense, sounds. For that I guess my top choices would be Leica M3 DS, Olympus OM1 and Nikon F2.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin