Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,097   Online: 885

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would support the recommendations for insulation, floor, walls and roof. You have only one chance to install it and that is at the construction stage and the insulation should be as efficient and as thick as you can stretch to. The most efficient insulation is Celotex much better than polystyrene or rock wool but also more expensive. I built a shed in my garden for a darkroom and just wish I had put in more insulation but it is not possible now.

Tony

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The extra £150 spent now on DPM+insulation will make a huge difference to comfort levels over the coming years.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Simple is good. Tar paper, plywood, caulk, and paint should do it. Never mind the cabinetry joints, just butt things up and screw it together w/ plenty of glue and caulk. Then roller paint it. I live in Florida, so there's no need for insulation. However, there's a need for a/c, which is why my darkroom is still the bathroom.

One trick I learned from having numerous contractors fleece me was to use good long screws instead of nails. Much sturdier, and you can put things together quickly w/ a power drill that has a screwdriver bit chucked up in it. Makes it a lot easier to take apart and set up someplace else if you move too.
    Last edited by momus; 12-06-2013 at 02:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin