Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,411   Online: 746

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

ETSY Liightmeters, what price to put APUG WTB Classifieds

I need a cheap accurate lightmeter and I found many at ETSY without guarantee to function for around 20 dollars. I want to put an WTB ad to APUG but I dont know what price tag I should put in it. Before creating a turmoil to people , please help me to decide on price tag should be put.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What kind of meter are you looking for? Getting a guarantee that it works of often is what costs the money. For $20 maybe an old Weston but maybe not much more. I use one and still get good exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    An old Weston Master IV would be gotten inexpensively and, if operable, VERY reliable. If I still had mine, we would work something out.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Brian and Christopher.

I have a Bolex Cine Camera with FOMA Reversal BW film and I want to take correct shots. I have an Olympus camera with sliding cover but I found its dim light exposures are sometimes too much dark , some times reverse.

Weston is handsom object .

Let me go for it at classifieds.

Thanks again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My favorite meter is a tiny and light Sekonic L-188. It cost me just what you mentioned, $20. It's a CDS and is very accurate, unless the light is very low, in which case you should be looking for a more expensive silicon meter. Beware the selenium meters. Quite accurate in the sun, worse than useless in low light.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have bought a few old things on Etsy with good value so far.
    Old light meters are risky unless you are prepared to tinker like I do.
    On the other hand the electronics in the pre 1970's ones are crude and might be easy to repair or replace as long as the meter is working.
    (See my DIY thread about repairing an old Pentax Spotmeter from Etsy)

I recommend to buy a light meter from one of the vendors who specializes in old camera stuff.
    At least then the vendor has an interest in selling good/tested ones.
    Don't spend more than $50.
    Avoid ones without detail photos and only get one that has appearance of good condition.
    If the body and meter look OK, and vendor say meter moves,it is probably repairable if it is out of calibration etc.
    Anecdote:
    I took a risk and bought my Speed Graphic from an Etsy non camera vendor for a low price.
    What a bargain, it was complete, all working and in like EX- condition

Good luck with your meter hunt!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Can anyone advise me an trusted vendor who could sell me silicon meter working and cheap. England or Germany is akso works for me.
    Keh request least 60 dollars for shipment to Istanbul .

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin