Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,605   Online: 1127

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Polaroid film???

I am about to come into a vintage Polaroid Land Camera and am told that it uses 107(bw) and 108 (color) Polaroid film. This film appears to be a bit difficult to find and I'm wondering if the other polaroid film will work.

The print size is 3.25x4.25", which appears in other film formats, such as 667, etc.

I know that some profession photogs us palaroid filmbacks on their medium format cameras, so I know that you won't all be laughing at me...
    Does anyone have any pointers for using the cameras and how to achieve acceptable results with them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which camera is it Joe, if it takes pack film there is a good chance you can find something that will work in it, if it is the type of polaroid that had the tabs and you had to put in the metal holder to warm it up for development, then you will be out of luck..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have yet to see it.

My mother in law is giving it to me from its storage space in the back of the coat closet, where its been for about thirty years...

I think its a 100 series folding Land Camera circa 1970-74. As I haven't seen the lens or the bellows, I don't know if I'll be attempting any photos with it.

Does Polaroid even make the 107 and 108 film anymore? I also noticed that Fuji is making instant film. There can't be much of a market for it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i'd suggest waiting until you actually have the camera in your hands, Joey. Then, you'll be sure what you actually have, and can explore film options more accurately.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're right Ralph.

I was hoping that I'd be able to grab some film on the way over to her house and play right away...

I'm guessing that it will be a short lived fad with me, anyway. Even if I can find film for it, the image size is fairly small.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I buy about 10 packs of the Fuji instant pack film a month, it is a very good quality film with great color and depth, alot of us that use polaroid pack film for proofing use the fuji over the polaroid offerings.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    I buy about 10 packs of the Fuji instant pack film a month, it is a very good quality film with great color and depth, alot of us that use polaroid pack film for proofing use the fuji over the polaroid offerings.

Dave
    I'm with Dave, I go through a lot of Fujiroid... I love that stuff!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    HI
    The 100 series & 600 series film are interchangable. So if you can find it you can have color or B&W print & B&W neg. available to you.
    You may not be able to find a current battery for the camera, but a battery box & soldering iron can work wonders.
    Last edited by Shaggy; 02-05-2005 at 10:05 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Addl info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shaggy: Thanks again.

Tha camera is a Polaroid 100 model, which appears to be in pretty good condition. Now my quest is to find film at a reasonable price. I may use it with my Cub Scouts in conjunction with our pinhole project.

Another question...I've always got at least one...

It appears that the camera's shutter is cocked manually. Is the battery needed for anything other than firing the flash (which I don't believe works)?

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Joe,

You may want to look at this website, lots of information on the polaroid cameras and film.

http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landdcam-pack.htm

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin