Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,160   Online: 1068

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
693. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

257 37.09%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

22 3.17%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

187 26.98%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

89 12.84%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

200 28.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have, however, been asked "Is that a T.V.?" when using my 8x10 in a State park...

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been asked "the question", but more often been asked something else:

1. TSA kid at airport looking at my camera bag in the x-ray machine: Is that a Mamiya 645? (No, it's a Hassy.) Okay, then we'll have to do a hand-search... I've always wanted to hold one of those.

2. What kind of a camera is that? (It's a Hasselblad.) What's a Hasselblad?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At an outdoor museum in the Netherlands I had two Rollei TLRs slung around my neck. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a young Dutch couple watching what I was doing with them. The young man leaned over to her and said knowingly, "Hasselblad". Later, at a cheese market, another photographer approached me and asked to take my picture (and the Rolleis) for his camera club. He said you don't often see two at once anymore!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When shooting my first roll of Velvia, a family dropped by and the father asked if the Hasselblad on my tripod was "still film or already d*****l". Even though I'm shooting both, owning a really nice dSLR kit that sees a lot of use, that hurt. I was surprised it hurt so much. I pointed to the dSLR peeking from my backpack and told him I was shooting both, actually. He wasn't genuinely interested anyway, just showing off.

Antje

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    At a wedding I was shooting this weekend (oooh I always wanted to say that! ) some of my not-so-close friends came up and wondered what the hey the black box on a tripod was (it was a brownie) but I didn't get graced with the ITAH question. Sigh. I was vaguely impressed they correctly identified it as a box camera! The Brownie is great for all sorts of strange looks - another time I was trying to take a picture of my husband with my Brownie and a lady asked me what it was because she couldn't see how a black box could be so interesting to look at (waist level viewfinders).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    The Brownie is great for all sorts of strange looks - another time I was trying to take a picture of my husband with my Brownie and a lady asked me what it was because she couldn't see how a black box could be so interesting to look at (waist level viewfinders).
    Awesome.

Antje

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to own a Hasselblad (a nice 500c with chrome trim) and on two separate occassions, I was asked if it was a Brownie.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Weird thread, yet...

...while out shooting some achitecture in town with my Shen Hao HZX45, a passerby commented, "Nice camera! Looks like a Hasselblad." Well, I have yet to ply my way through this thread, but the recollection of that comment was personally filed under weird and unexplanable. The horrible thing is that I replied, "Yes, it is!", a hasty reply considering that the initial remark did not quite make it through the debabbler yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dianna View Post
    I used to own a Hasselblad (a nice 500c with chrome trim) and on two separate occassions, I was asked if it was a Brownie.
    This has to be my favorite post from this thread!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    A guy at a local lab once popped the question when he saw I was getting back square negatives. It's funny how excited people get.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin