Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,872   Online: 1107

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
712. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

267 37.50%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.23%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

191 26.83%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

93 13.06%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021222327 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now this poll is not longer accurate. I now have a Hasselblad. I have not been ITAH'd while owning one yet, but the poll is no longer accurate.

Please advise!

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    Now this poll is not longer accurate. I now have a Hasselblad. I have not been ITAH'd while owning one yet, but the poll is no longer accurate.

Please advise!

Steve
    Make a labe for your Hassy that cover's it's branding with the word "HOLGA."

"Isn't that a Hasselblad?" is still "ITAH."
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Make a labe for your Hassy that cover's it's branding with the word "HOLGA."

"Isn't that a Hasselblad?" is still "ITAH."
    thanx in needed that

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Had this question for the first time today. I had brought my 65ish year old Graphic View to school to take a few shots between classes, and my English teacher asked me, "ITAH?" I did a double take, and answered softly, "No, it's different." "Is it as good?" to which I replied, "It could be." She was genuinely interested and asked me to bring in some prints, which is quite nice.

- Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was shooting a Southern California landscape with my 8x10 Wehman when a hiker asked me, is that a antique camera?

He then followed up by informing me that now I could get a digital camera that would produce better results without all the hassle.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    I was shooting a Southern California landscape with my 8x10 Wehman when a hiker asked me, is that a antique camera?

He then followed up by informing me that now I could get a digital camera that would produce better results without all the hassle.

Did you tell him that there's probably an excellent hiking program for his XBOX?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Did you tell him that there's probably an excellent hiking program for his XBOX?
    I'm going to remember that one - pure classic.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    ....no it's a zoom compact, or maybe I'm just pleased to see you ROFL!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yesterday, while taking a break with my Super Graphic, catching a movie at the Seattle Film Fest, and the lady next to me asked, "What's that?" I told her it was a Speed Graphic, and she said, "No, what does it do?" It's a camera, like what press pho... "Gasp! Are you trying to copy the movie?" No, it takes pictures. She didn't quite understand with it folded up, so I opened it up and... "Ohhhhhh.... Is that a Hasselblad?"

I also get asked a lot if it can only take B&W.

ITAH and a friend recently actually called my a photographer. Now I'm really something!
    Last edited by noexit; 06-09-2007 at 06:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Then again...a couple years ago I was in New Brunswick photographing with my Calumet Wood-Field 4x5. An elderly woman came up and said "Ah, a Deardorff moment!"

Turned out she was a pro who had been shooting large format for decades. So you never know!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin