Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,644   Posts: 1,623,312   Online: 1124

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
722. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

270 37.40%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.19%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

196 27.15%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

94 13.02%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

202 27.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223242529 ... LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    "that's a big zoom you've got there"...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Leake View Post
    When the nice security man at Frankfurt airport made me unpack my hasselblad he thought it was a movie camera! Oh well.
    I have 2 Mamiya TLR bodies and a full set of lenses and 2 prism finders that all fit int a single case that I travel with. I often get asked if it is movie equipment. I have always assumed that it is because of the 2 lenses on each lensboad and the fact that I keep a collapsable hood on each of the taking lenses makes it look like one of the old turret mounted movie camera lenses. But that doesn't help explain the Hasselblad...

I was out shooting with the Bronica s2a a few weekends ago and got asked the "is that a Hasselblad" question... and I immediately thought of this thread and cheerfully replied, "No, just a cheap Japanese imitation..."

Shooter
    35mm RF
    last sunday in vitamin cottage someone said, dig the blad. I dig now with a recently acquired a 50mm that is my same age.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was photographing a perfect sunset in Crete with my little Contax T2. Some guy yelled at me to get out of the way because he was sitting further back photographing the sunset with his video camera and point & crap digital.

I was angered by this novice and shouted back I own a Hasselblad you know!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, with a Bronica SQ-A - from a police officer who kind of freaked me out when he pulled up behind me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joel dallenbach View Post
    last sunday in vitamin cottage someone said, dig the blad. I dig now with a recently acquired a 50mm that is my same age.
    What is a "vitamin cottage"? A pharmacy perhaps?
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    35mm RF
    vitamine cottage is a health food grocery store. Organic homeopathic suppliments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by celluloidpropaganda View Post
    Yes, with a Bronica SQ-A - from a police officer who kind of freaked me out when he pulled up behind me.
    Same thing happened to me!
    Except we were in a parking lot in the middle of the night in rural Wisconsin, and the other guy with me DID have a Hasselblad, which was not the target of his question, ironically enough, and I had my SQ-Ai.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I was at the open day of the local naval base in Victoria (Australia) which is 70 kms away from me, and I'd taken my 8x10 with me just in case. There were seveal steam powered traction engines there which had been restored by volunteers from the naval personnel and I had just set the camera up and an elderly gentleman approached me and didn't ask me "is that a Hasselblad?" He asked me "is that a half plate camera?" We chatted a bit and it turned out that he had used a variety of medium format and vintage cameras 40 years earlier.
    I took my shots and was then offered the chance to drive the engine around the naval base. Did I say no thanks? You decide.
    Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The first time I told my father-in-law that I was going to take some photographs with a Hasselblad, he immediately nodded slowly yet knowingly and made that sign with his thumb and index finger that means "mmm, perfect".

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin