Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,522   Online: 1036

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
693. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

257 37.09%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

22 3.17%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

187 26.98%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

89 12.84%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

200 28.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 222627282930313233343536373842 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    NRK har kun rettigheter til á vise dette innholdet i Norge.

Shooter
    35mm
    Didn't realize the swedish box was famous that way...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    had a close call the other day... I was asked if my medium format folder was a Leica. rangefinder, yes, but Leica, no...

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Went to a Mother's day concert featuring medieval choral music and period instruments. At least 6 people admired my beat-up hassy. One asked if it was large format, and 2 asked if it was a Hasselblad. No one asked why I was shooting film. All comments were impressed/respectful. Just shows you how superior the ancient music crowd is, I guess. Very different from taking a film camera to.... oh.... a parade.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    First outing with my 5x4, got asked "Oh, is that an MPP".

Correctly identified.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I finally got asked this question when I walked into an art gallery with my Rolleicord in downtown Rogers. I would have thought
    someone would have asked that about my RB67 more so than my Rollei.

I have been waiting for this to happen for months now. Surprise! I have been asked twice within the past three weeks if "that is a Hasselblad?" The first time it was a folding wooden field camera on my tripod, the second time it was my Hasselblad. I'm batting .500 so far. This is a fascinating phenomenon.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Got it again while riding around with a Crown Graphic and a pimped-out RB67. They were referring to the Graphic. The "boxy one." "Oh this, (holding up the RB), yeah it's pretty similar, they're both-" "No, the other one that opens up." Hmm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So far, only one person has ever identified it as something remarkably close. "Oh, is that a hasselhoff?"

I took it to a party, like a kind of crazy costume party. Everyone there asked me of it does video, and one girl even grabbed it right out my hands turned it around and frantically tried to find the 'delete' button... No one had a clue.

And as for the very old thing... I always am asked that question. I've got a 503CW, manufactured 2006, apparently it's newer than most people's 'pro digital' equipment that looks like it's held together by duct tape. :]

Even better when a lady walking around the same time shooting a 5D with a couple, she stopped me and asked what I was shooting, I told her, and she asked if she could look at it because she's never seen one. She spent about five minutes holding the shutter halfway down, trying to auto-focus. Then got even more upset when she couldn't figure out why it wasn't metering with the waist level finder. It was quite humorous. Spent 30 minutes explaining to her all about it while the poor couple had to wait. :P
    Last edited by fiducio; 06-29-2009 at 12:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While walking to the PMA Imaging Technology convention last Sunday I befriended a man and his young daughter who were a bit lost and looking for directions. I suggested we walk together and we got talking about photography. His wife was a wedding and portrait photographer who was promoting Asuka Books at the show and he admitted to knowing very little about photography himself. When he asked what I did I started to explain my continued love of film and larger format cameras etc.
    Oh, you mean with a Hasselblad then he said.
    See, you don't even need to have a camera with you to be shooting with a Hasselblad!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin