Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,438   Online: 826

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
710. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

266 37.46%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.24%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

190 26.76%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

92 12.96%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 232728293031323334353637383943 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Closest I ever got was someone asking if my Mamiya 645 was a movie camera. Maybe I need to get out more...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen View Post
    Closest I ever got was someone asking if my Mamiya 645 was a movie camera. Maybe I need to get out more...
    Hahaha...I had the same kind of thing happen to me while I was shooting my Bronica last month.

Guy: "Hey, are you with Channel 13 news?"

Me: "Not to my knowledge...Why do you ask?"

Guy: "Whats up with your big ass TV camera?"

Me: "Oh, it's just a hobby "

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tony, does that mean that you have upgraded from Rollei?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    ITAH?

Who doesn't like to say "Hasselblad"? Now, is it hossel-blahd or hassle-blad (rhyming with "bad), or a combination, or mix-match of the two?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Tony, does that mean that you have upgraded from Rollei?

Steve
    Steve - if you are referring to my avatar I must sheepishly admit it is was a Yashica D TLR which I sold at a camera market a few years ago to help fund a Mamiya 7. I do have a Hasselblad (XPan) but when people see that they usually say is that a Hasselblad in that hesitant and sceptical manner which translates to, well, it doesn't look like a Hasselblad!
    You just can't win at this game!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    Steve - if you are referring to my avatar I must sheepishly admit it is was a Yashica D TLR which I sold at a camera market a few years ago to help fund a Mamiya 7. I do have a Hasselblad (XPan) but when people see that they usually say is that a Hasselblad in that hesitant and sceptical manner which translates to, well, it doesn't look like a Hasselblad!
    You just can't win at this game!
    Yes, you can! Do what I plan to do. When I am reincarnated, I want to come back as independently wealthy instead of being so incredibly handsome.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Not quite ITAH?, but I was walking around the local indoor mall today with my Yashicamat while waiting for someone and a man walked up and told me he used to have one. I said it was a good camera and mine is still kicking after who knows how many years. He said "You have Tri-x in there right?". I told him no, and that I had a color film from Fuji in it at the moment. He said "oh yeah I used to shoot vericolor." He told me to keep up the good work and that I was using a "poor man's rolleiflex" and then walked away.

So I got "ITTX?" (Is that tri-x?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the not too distant future…”Is that one of those NHI devices?” (Non-holographic Imaging).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Last week my daughter and I chartered a fishing boat in Ft. Lauderdale. The Mate asked if my C330 was a Hasselblad, I explained what it was, and he said his dad owned one (a Hassy, not a Mammy). That was kind of funny. Got some nice photos during a huge storm.

The fishing was great, my daughter caught a bunch of bonita, I got a king mackerel and a 25lb barracuda, which she photographed with the aforementioned Mamiya-not-Hasselblad.

quick scan of the negative:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Saturday was the day I got my Hasselblad 903 SWC. Four times it was noticed:

1) At the Annenburg Space for Photography [http://www.annenbergspaceforphotography.org/], the security guard came up behind me and said, "I am really envious of your Hasselblad.

2) When I left the Annenburg Space for Photography outside the front door was a man with a Hasselblad who called out, "Nice SWC! Is that a 903 or 905?"

3) On the sidewalk before I entered a camera repair store a man with a child said to his child, "That is a really expensive camera."

4) After I left the store, just before I got to my car, two men were walking the other way and one said to the other, "I really like that camera." I called out, "Thank you."

Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin