Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,716   Online: 911

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
702. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

262 37.32%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.28%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

189 26.92%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

90 12.82%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

200 28.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252930313233343536373839404145 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was recently asked by an onlooker "What sort of a camera is that?"
    "Its a Hasselblad", I replied.
    "Oh so thats what they look like!" she said. She then told me about a swedish crime novel where an old hasselblad camera was crucial to the plot of the story and she wondered what these cameras looked like.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used my Hasselblad often on my recent 2 month holiday in Germany and England. Never got asked ITAH. In Germany I was told by a number of admirers that I had a VERY GOOD camera. In England a man crossed the street to tell me he was glad to see someone using a Hasselblad. The best moment was in Bristol - I was approached and had my hand shaken by a lovely man with a huge smile and a Rollei.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by noblebeast View Post
    Yeah, but the really weird part of it was I was standing at a urinal at the time, and didn't have a camera with me...
    I would have said "No, and don't call me Blad".
    Or maybe "Yes, and I'm emptying my Hasselbladder."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was asked if my mamiya 7 was some kind of apparatus to detect the presence of fish while I was taking some shots in a mountain stream!:-)

Shooter
    35mm
    One day i ran into a friend from school while shooting with my DSLR. He said "Oh, nice camera, i love vintage cameras"
    I've also been asked if i was a reporter, paparazzi and stuff like that when shooting 35mm, and i don't even use long lenses.
    I haven't been asked about my Kodak 3A, but i guess it'd be too stupid to ask if it's digital. But you never know...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Within a day or two of getting my RB67, a neighbour sees it when we're in the elevator:

"Is that a Hasselblad?"

I point at the big "MAMIYA" label.

"No but really? Is it a Hasselblad?"

I mumbled something about it being pretty much the same idea but not actually a 'blad.

Actually I do appreciate that people take an interest. Just need to be a bit more confident in replying and engaging them. These are opportunities to share an enthusiasm and educate people.

Still funny though.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo di Mango View Post
    I was asked if my mamiya 7 was some kind of apparatus to detect the presence of fish while I was taking some shots in a mountain stream!:-)
    Not only to detect, but to record for later analysis.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto V. View Post
    I haven't been asked about my Kodak 3A, but i guess it'd be too stupid to ask if it's digital. But you never know...
    I do get asked about the digital part when using older cameras. It's not as stupid as it could be, some people know that there are digital backs for film cameras so I can see how they might wonder about it. I usually try to say something funny without sounding condescending, something along the lines of "You should see the batteries!"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have had about three dozen or so people who told me that I have a nice Mamiya in public, and indeed, I was shooting with my RB67. One time, in the dark, someone on the street shouted "Nice Hasselblad," but when I turned, they saw the side of the camera and remarked, "Oh, my bad, nice RB67!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was at a National Park photographing with my Hasselblad and a man proudly told his girl friend that I was using a "Hasslehoff"! I choose not to correct him.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin