Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,593   Online: 1114

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
712. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

267 37.50%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.23%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

191 26.83%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

93 13.06%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 263031323334353637383940414246 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I was at a National Park photographing with my Hasselblad and a man proudly told his girl friend that I was using a "Hasslehoff"! I choose not to correct him.
    I think this video was shot with a Hasselhoff

I just ordered myself Bronica. I expect my ITAH ratio to increase at an impressive rate now.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I was at a National Park photographing with my Hasselblad and a man proudly told his girl friend that I was using a "Hasslehoff"! I choose not to correct him.

Steve

very wise steve . never make a fool of a man, especially in front of his g/f .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosaiya View Post
    I do get asked about the digital part when using older cameras.
    I've actually been asked if my 1947 Voigtländer Bessa is digital.

Also, big problem with is that people seem to think that it isn't available anymore. I've been buying most of my stuff at our only camera shop.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post

Also, big problem with is that people seem to think that it isn't available anymore. I've been buying most of my stuff at our only camera shop.
    I teach middle school. I bring my cameras in from time to time to prove a point. I always get asked if the "TV" on the back of my LF cameras shows the digital pictures as a slide slide show. Then I ask them what they mean by slide show and they say "you know when the pictures change on a computer."

of course when I brought a vinyl record in this year one kid walked in and exclaimed "That's a big ass CD, man!"
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm

Digital?

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    I teach middle school. I bring my cameras in from time to time to prove a point. I always get asked if the "TV" on the back of my LF cameras shows the digital pictures as a slide slide show. Then I ask them what they mean by slide show and they say "you know when the pictures change on a computer."

of course when I brought a vinyl record in this year one kid walked in and exclaimed "That's a big ass CD, man!"
    Recently, I was on the way to get some money from an ATM at my local bank, in the company of my 15-year old granddaughter. I told her that she was lucky, because when I was her age, you could only go to the bank between 10:00AM and 3:00PM, Monday to Friday. Her reply was, "You mean that the bank machines were only open at those times?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post

I missed a word.

I meant that people don't seem to think film is available anymore.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    I teach middle school.
    I have posted this before but thought it was appropriate again because of recent discussions.

gene
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honkin Cellphone.jpg  
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I figure this one is close enough to share here. I had my 124G out tonight and stopped in at a bar. The patron next to me looked at it and asked "Is that one of those..ugh..Rolexes?"

Close enough I thought Mine just keeps time in much smaller increments.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes! I just got asked if my Yashica Mat 124g was a Hasselblad by a Polish guy in a bar!
    Website - FB

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjixxxy View Post
    Yes! I just got asked if my Yashica Mat 124g was a Hasselblad by a Polish guy in a bar!
    Why did you have to say "Polish guy" and not just guy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin