Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,939   Online: 901

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
710. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

266 37.46%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.24%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

190 26.76%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

92 12.96%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 273132333435363738394041424347 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    He brought up his ethnicity immediately, and made it pretty clear that he was proud of his heritage and it was a big part about who he was. Fits him more accurately then saying "A man with a mustache.." He then went on about his days back in the old country 30-40 years ago using Soviet Jena lenses, and appreciating the quality of the Zeiss lenses. Then we bonded over our mutual Polish heritage.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was shooting with my Mamiya RZ yesterday and a person commented that he liked my video camera. He's got a good excuse, he was with a group of painters capturing the scene with oil paints. I shot back if he was painting with acrylics. We talked artist talk for a while. ITAH could be an ice breaker for an invitation for creative talk. Take advantage of it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TEX View Post
    Why did you have to say "Polish guy" and not just guy.
    So you'd know this was not the beginning of an "Irish guy goes into a bar..." joke.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two girls asked me the question in the street yesterday when I was shooting with my Mamiya C330F, I told them " Sort of, It's a poor man's Hasselblad"
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene View Post
    I have posted this before but thought it was appropriate again because of recent discussions.

gene
    Thank you, Gene.

I had not seen that "Shoe" cartoon before. It took a moment to recover.

And, even when I am working with the digital monster with its rotating bracket and the coupled electronic flash all mounted together which makes an impressive and imposing piece of all black hardware, it is a bit humbling and embarrassing to admit that, no, I cannot make a telephone call on it.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I often get the "Is that a Hasselblad" question when strolling around with a Rollei TLR. I'm used to it, because I live in Sweden and Hasselblad is a swedish camera. But some people do actually recognize them as Rolleis, and those guys often have grey beards. The follows a discussion about Rolleis and often "Leica, Tri-X and D-76".

I will have to wait 20-25 years before I can grow a grey beard, but I'm not in a hurry.
    J. Patric Dahlén

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjixxxy View Post
    I figure this one is close enough to share here. I had my 124G out tonight and stopped in at a bar. The patron next to me looked at it and asked "Is that one of those..ugh..Rolexes?"
    I forgot the lens cover for my Rolleiflex 2,8F at a friend. He called me the day after and said that he had the "...thing... for your... Rolex?"
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    35mm
    The other day in a bookstore, I got asked if the camera on my business card was a Hasselblad. It's the same Yashica TLR that's in my avatar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have finally lost my ITAHity
    A few weeks ago, I was shamelessly showing off my 'new' Zeiss super ikonta C to another film photographer I had run in to. We both heard someone nearby say "oh look, it's a Hasselblad." I was so excited by my first ITAH, I told my acquaintance all about the phenomenon. I'm not sure if I offended the source of the remark, I'm pretty sure he did hear me.

Shooter
    35mm
    I never got the "ITAH?"... I even bought a Kiev88 and still nobody is asking me. Ignorant people these days. Maybe I need a bigger lens or something...

The Kiev got me a few "ITAC"s, though (is that a camera?)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin