Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,335   Online: 1016

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
712. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

267 37.50%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.23%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

191 26.83%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

93 13.06%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 283233343536373839404142434448 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    TTAH, That thar's a Hasselblad. (Good camera.)

Shooting a Minolta Autocord on a tripod. Meh. I have to say though, in the non "ITAH" category, more people talked to me shooting the Autocord than any other time (one group was annoying because I was running a time exposure at that point and they kept getting in frame) and while nearly nobody *said* anything to me when I took out the Speed Graphic, everyone was ooh-ahhing and staying out of the way, even when I was walking it to the next spot on the tripod.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gotta love it!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got ITAH'd a couple of weekend's ago and am pleased to report that it was actually a Hasselblad I had sitting on my tripod. The ITAH-er was a nice old chap who had, apparently, owned one many years ago but had fallen out of love with photography and sold all his gear.

I'm actually quite surprised that people still know the name "Hasselblad" in these days of digital domination.
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The funny thing is, I constantly bump into people who used to use a Mamiya 330 ...Paul there are obviously more of us out there
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Walking around Lilly Lake in the Rocky Mtn National Park in Colorado a guy came up to me and asked if I was shooting with a "Real Camera" (a Fuji GSW690 III)and not one of those digital things. Not quite a ITAH moment, but close enough.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cha-Ching. I scored another ITAH today while shooting with a Century Graphic.

I need to crawl through this thread and see what that brings the count up to.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was out shooting with my 5x12 inch view camera and was asked whether it was a Hasselblad yesterday.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And? Was it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was asked that today, and it was a Hasselblad. The asker had never seen a Hasselblad before and was happy that I was shooting film. He allowed that he had two F3s sitting a home and that they took better photographs than his digital camera he was holding. He said that since he used to develop film, he was feeling guilty about not using his Nikons.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin