Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,612   Online: 807

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
693. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

257 37.09%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

22 3.17%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

187 26.98%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

89 12.84%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

200 28.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 293334353637383940414243444549 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    And? Was it?
    No, it's a Canham.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was shooting with a Linhof Technika V and got a "Are you making a movie?" question. The people walked right in front of my shot and stood around before asking if I was taking a movie. When I stated that it was a still camera, they asked "Who are you doing this for?" and seemed pretty surprised when I said "Myself".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan View Post
    No, it's a Canham.

I prefer my hams fresh.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    People are generally pretty stupid, I guess. Hard to make that realization, after all these years, but I guess it's really true. Read some of these comments and you'll know its true. Most are unread and not aware of their world. They live strange lives in front of TVs and live the ads. Woe unto us.
    Logan

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I spent a couple of days at Little Qualicum River Park, and got out with my Crown Graphic. I got asked 3 times in one day "Is that a Hasselblad?" The weather was rainy off and on, and the park was fairly quiet, so that's a pretty good number. Had a few short conversations about the big negatives and why I like them.

I crossed paths a couple of times with a guy who was carrying a good-size Lowepro bag with a decent tripod strapped to the side and serious hiking gear on. Didn't see his camera out of the bag, and he appeared to be avoiding catching my eye, so no conversations with him. I'll assume he was bent on getting his shots and didn't want to waste time on chit-chat.... I can understand the feeling.....

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe he was embarrassed about his D***..
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, maybe, but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And that wasn't wrong.

You understand the feeling, and i too hate people coming up to me to talk cameras when i'm about to use one.
    So i, like that fellow, keep everything out of sight as good and for as long as possible. Get the thing out of the bag when needed, and put it back again a.s.a.p.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was out to take some pictures yesterday and met an acquaintance from school whom I hadn┤t seen for several years. He instantly responded: "Oh it┤s you! And you┤re using a Hasselblad!"
    I was using my SL66 of course, but he wasn┤t able to see the nameplate at first sight. I told him that his guess was quite close and admittedly, the Rollei and a Hasselblad would look quite similar. We had a little chat afterwards and it was not before he was gone that I realised that this had been in fact my very first "Is that a Hasselblad" moment...

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Truly, you have achieved great enlightenment Grasshopper...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin