Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,858   Online: 858

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
712. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

267 37.50%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.23%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

191 26.83%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

93 13.06%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 303435363738394041424344454650 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was out in Big Cypress National Preserve this past weekend with The Beast (500 C/M) on a tripod, when a family with young kids came down the trail. The mother told her kids "Shhhhh... she's making a movie!!!". I didn't have the heart to tell her it was only one frame of a movie.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was using my Maimya RB67 and a security guard at the local communtiy college wanted know if I was using a Hassy, I said no so I got chase of the campus!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That'll teach ya!!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know what you mean! Most of the time it is because I'm ugly!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I know what you mean! Most of the time it is because I'm ugly!

Jeff
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If Jeff keeps this up he will be deleted!

Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It gets everywhere, like that grass...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

I recently went to a locally-famous waterfall to photograph it in its winter coat of ice using my 1895 whole-plate camera. On my way back to my car, tripod with camera attached carried soldier-style, a couple of very cute college-aged girls snapped away at me with their little pocket digicam. I just smiled at them, and one said "your camera is way cooler than mine." Made my day.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    How about a miniature Speed Graphic then? 2x3 sheet film is cheaper, the camera is easier to carry and handle, and it has the coolness factor of being having interesting historic connections, even to a non-photographer (Jacqueline Bouvier, among others, used one - before she married the junior senator from Massachusetts.)
    Wow, I love my little '45 Mini Speed Graphic with '23' 6x9 film backs, but I didn't know that Jackie Kennedy used one!?! Cool factor is right 'cuz this camera is a head turner... but the Mini SG is still completely practical & functional (did I mention affordable?). Plus, you can still use Ilford 120 XP2 Super B&W roll film and get it processed in C41 chem. 'develop only' for just a few bucks in about 15 minutes at a local 1-hour lab! Scan it and have some inexpensive 'film fun'... yet it will still perform the 'real' task with finer grain films, as the need arises. Graflex is a great learning tool if you're willing to do the work, but as history has proved, it's still so much more, as well!

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I focused on a stack of plastic chairs in the January wet, a voiced boomed "That's a Hasselblad!!"
    He's a professional photographer - makes his living photographing fishing retreats, ski lodges, and other high-end tourist destinations (tough life, eh?).
    He sold his MF Pentax because he never used it. He doesn't do any photography for fun, but seemed glad that somebody was.
    He recognized the Hasselblad from a good distance away....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin