Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,689   Posts: 1,669,393   Online: 902

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
722. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

270 37.40%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.19%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

196 27.15%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

94 13.02%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

202 27.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 313536373839404142434445464751 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Did not happen since I actually own a Hasselblad ! (Apart from a fellow who had one in the past).
    Laurent "Je suis Charlie"

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Thoe who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Somebody asked me the question yesterday, I replied "it's a Mamiya, a poor man's Hasselblad"
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Did not happen since I actually own a Hasselblad !
    You could still be asked if it's a Hasselblad.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally, on the trail to Estes Cones (Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park) an older gentleman asked if the Rolleicord I was carrying was a "Hasselbrad." I responded it was a Rollei and he said, "Ah, very nice."
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I did not get asked if it was a Hasselblad, but here is what happened. I was in San Diego Wildlife Safari Park a few weeks ago and I bought with me a Salyut C. While I was waiting in line to get on the Safari ride, a person carrying a 7d and 300/4 came to me (he was like from 7 people away) and said "Wow, That IS a Hasselblad!". Of course I corrected him, but I guess he really was fascinated with the WLF, like an LCD he says.

Shooter
    Large Format
    In Gran Teton I was shooting my 4X6 and another photographer asked me later if I was shooting a Hasselblad. She was a distance from me when I had the camera set up though. In Yellowstone I was shooting the Hasselblad and a middle aged women walking by and stopped briefly and then said "I hope you are using Kodak" Turns out she was from Rochester. Also in Yellowstone I was shooting and felt like someone was right behind me and sure enough from a large group of Japanese tourists one younger lady was just staring at what I was doing. Try a little bit of conversation but she was content just to watch me work. Then I noticed she had a Leica around her neck.

Several other people in the parks stopped and watch me shooting on the tripod and a few times I was asked why I was using the Hasselblad and why film. I only got the impression that they all were curious and actually wished to know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    one time i was using a 500CM with a chimney finder and i was asked if it was a video camera. 0_o

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A while back I got "Is that a Linhof?" while referring to my Speed Graphic..

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    When I was young I was asking my father to take me to the beach. Mum told me not to Hasseldad.

Shooter
    Large Format
    This has only happened to me once. I had been shooting my shen hao for about 6 months, and I got my first ITAH. I was surprised at the question, so I gave a very candid answer, "I don't speak Chinese. It is a 4x5 camera." She walked away very confused.

After reading the first few pages, i'm getting the idea it happens a lot. I'll think of something more cynical the next time it happens to me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin