Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,763   Online: 858

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
710. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

266 37.46%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.24%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

190 26.76%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

92 12.96%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3337383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    When I was young I was asking my father to take me to the beach. Mum told me not to Hasseldad.

Shooter
    Large Format
    This has only happened to me once. I had been shooting my shen hao for about 6 months, and I got my first ITAH. I was surprised at the question, so I gave a very candid answer, "I don't speak Chinese. It is a 4x5 camera." She walked away very confused.

After reading the first few pages, i'm getting the idea it happens a lot. I'll think of something more cynical the next time it happens to me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was out shooting last night with my Canham 5x12. I did get asked what make of camera it is, but amazingly enough, nobody asked if it was a Hasselblad.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I sure wish I had an ITAH tale to share, but my experience has been somewhat the opposite.

I'm a member of a model train club here in New Jersey. A few years ago, I took it upon myself to photograph certain parts of the permanent layout because I knew they would change as part of the conversion to a new train control technology called Digital Command Control (DCC).

Over the course of several weeks I hauled my Hassy, tripod, and other gear I needed to the club, and when I arrived, I found a place to park my stuff and unpack it. Other members arriving after I did would see me with my camera, often while I was unpacking it, and comment on it.

"You got a Hasselblad."

"That's a medium format camera. Cool."

And so forth.

The reactions were, in some ways, not surprising, as the club membership is comprised of people in law, accounting, computer programming, etc. - in short, educated, intelligent people.

Dieter Zakas

P.S. The club of which I'm a member, Pacific Southern, took down their website account no traffic thereto.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    OK, I just had my first "is that a Hasselblad" experience. Carrying my Bronica EC-TL and two guys lounging on the sidewalk during lunch popped the question. Turns out one still shoots film, and used to have a Hassy 503. I turned them on to APUG -- I keep spreading the word in the hope that some like-minded photographers will give us a try. Then I walked across the street to shoot Abraham Lincoln and re-read the Gettysburg Address.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had Gene Cernan say it was nice to see my Hasselblad. I made a group photo of 20 some odd astrounauts (including Armstrong) with my trusty Hasselblad...

.... Colin Powell held my "Blad" because he had not yet seen a digital back on one. This was about 2006, when I got a Leaf Aptus.

Jerry Ross and I talked about photo-training at NASA.. he used a Hasselblad too.

Enough name dropping, I don't want to be "called out". But I figure if you have a name to drop it's ok to do it now and then.

(This was my 700th post..) I'm sick...

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    hmmmm, so...its a size thing?
    nxt time, you pull down your pants and she says itah?,you are in trouble
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    When I was young I was asking my father to take me to the beach. Mum told me not to Hasseldad.
    Hahahaha! =D
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I did not get a ITAH, more TIAH (That Is A Hasselblad), I was taking photos on a beach, and a wedding shoot was going on up the beach, the wedding photographer said "Woah, Hasselblad!". She was shooting a Canikon DSLR, but told me she had 4 Hasselblads herself.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dikaiosune01 View Post
    This has only happened to me once. I had been shooting my shen hao for about 6 months, and I got my first ITAH. I was surprised at the question, so I gave a very candid answer, "I don't speak Chinese. It is a 4x5 camera." She walked away very confused.

After reading the first few pages, i'm getting the idea it happens a lot. I'll think of something more cynical the next time it happens to me.
    if i had apenny for every time i get sked this stupid question, i could buy another lens for it too!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin