Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,929   Posts: 1,556,841   Online: 862

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
712. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

267 37.50%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.23%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

191 26.83%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

93 13.06%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3539404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was just out shooting with an 8x10 Deardorff. An older woman started chatting with me. "You must also have a Hassleblad."

She gets a few bonus points.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjixxxy View Post
    I was just out shooting with an 8x10 Deardorff. An older woman started chatting with me. "You must also have a Hassleblad."

She gets a few bonus points.
    Then you can get a T-shirt that reads "My other camera is a Hasselblad".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    No ITAH for me. Did get asked, "What is that noise?", with my Mamiya 645 Super. Have been asked if I still shoot film, as I was inserting a new roll. "Nah, I am just changing the batteries". A Hassy is on my future shopping list. I've never held one, much less shot one. Which is why I want one, even if my images are not one iota better with one.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.790809,-90.481208
    When you do hold one for the first time, you will experience the simultaneous rise in the GAS pressure and hear a great wallet suck.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format

I'm new so perhaps there is another thread that deals with this ...

I'm new, so perhaps there is another thread that deals with this, but while never asked the Hassy question, I AM asked, pretty much daily, the "can you still get film for that?" question.

Usually while I'm taking pictures.

Temptation is strong to say "No, I just do this to keep in practice," or some such witty reparte...so far, I've been good.

so far.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    "Come on darling, let's go out with the Blad in the Jag."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    I'm new, so perhaps there is another thread that deals with this, but while never asked the Hassy question, I AM asked, pretty much daily, the "can you still get film for that?" question.

Usually while I'm taking pictures.

Temptation is strong to say "No, I just do this to keep in practice," or some such witty reparte...so far, I've been good.

so far.
    Yup, I get the film question, too. I also get "can you still get bullets for that?" when at the range with my older rifles.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yup

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's one that had me yelping with laughter as the perpetrator disappeared in the crowd.

Was at big car show in Vancouver yesterday. As I was sizing up a car through the Yashica LM I got ITAH'd yet again. "No, it's a Yashica, a twin lens reflex."

"Oh yeah. Right..... I've got a bunch of Hasselblad's in the closet at home."

I did have the Hasselblad with me too, used it for some IR shots. It was correctly identified by a number of people, and lots of folks made guesses about the Yashica that were quite reasonable (Rollei, mostly).

I saw one fellow shooting with a box brownie, and 2 with zero image pinholes. Hurrah!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only time I've ever heard anything like that (I said before I hadn't heard it - this was since then) was from my next door neighbor who saw me with my Mamiya 645 Pro from his yard over to my yard, a distance where it could have been mistaken easily for another medium format SLR, and it turned out my neighbor did used to have Hassleblads and earned his living as a photographer. We had a nice chat - the economy tanking forced him into other work but he still does pro photography, 100% digital, on the side. Has a nice web site too. We'd lived next door to each other for about seven years when we discovered this. Neither of us had any idea the other was interested in photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never been asked if my camera was a Hasselblad... not even when shooting at least three different medium format cameras. I have been told "that's a nice antique camera" while shooting with a modern 4x5 though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin