Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,225   Posts: 1,659,682   Online: 935

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
722. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

270 37.40%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.19%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

196 27.15%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

94 13.02%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

202 27.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3539404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    We can do it fellow APUGGers!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well it isn't a ITAH story,but it's strange

I was shooting with a M645 down in Canal Street,taking pictures down one street and going over to the next block when a large beefy fellow comes running up to me and says "Hey you're not a cop are you? I say "no I'm not." He gets closer and asks again if I'm a cop. I tell him that I'm just a tourist. Then he says "That's ok then",and walked away.
    I don't know what was going on-but I didn't see anything in the slides when I ran them off.
    Maybe that's a good thing

r paul

Shooter
    Multi Format

No longer an ITAH virgin!

I whip out my Rolleicord.

"Sore wa Hasseruburado desu ka?", I'm asked in Japanese.

"Iie. Roraikodo desu yo." (And this guy is a professional photographer, of all things.)

There's nothing quite like the first time.

Anyone else out there been asked in something other than their native tongue?
    Last edited by Mitya138; 06-25-2012 at 12:12 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Grammar

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was asked by Dutch woman once when I was shooting in the flower market in Amsterdam with a Mamiya TLR, "is that a Hasselblad, the Dutch lady who was with me told me what she said and translated for me, I replied "no, it's a Mamiya a poor man's Hasselblad"
    Ben

I got the ITAH while running a photo booth at a local art fair last weekend. It was a 4x5 Crown Graphic with a Polaroid back . . .

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Once I was out shooting with my Hasselblad and a curious bystander asked what camera I was using, when I told him it was a Hasselblad he just stared at me with a blank expression, total anticlimax

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitya138 View Post
    I whip out my Rolleicord...
    Anyone else out there been asked in something other than their native tongue?
    No, but once I was assembling my Klepper (17' foldable kayak) at a lake, and a bus-load of Japanese tourists happened by (this was in Spokane during the Worlds Fair -- 1974, I believe), and I was asked, "May I have picture for memory, please?"

I thought it was a nice way to ask.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Vaughn;1360210]No, but once I was assembling my Klepper (17' foldable kayak) at a lake, and a bus-load of Japanese tourists happened by (this was in Spokane during the Worlds Fair -- 1974, I believe), and I was asked, "May I have picture for memory, please?"

I thought it was a nice way to ask.

Vaughn[/QUOTE
    It was for recon. so they could attack your boat later with torpedo bombers
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeadows View Post
    I guess having someone saying ITAH in that situation is better than someone saying "Is that a Minox?" :-)
    I would worry more if they asked if it was supposed to be stereoscopic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once was asked if my Linhof was a movie camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin