Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,095   Online: 826

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
712. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

267 37.50%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.23%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

191 26.83%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

93 13.06%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3741424344454647484950515253 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Once I was out shooting with my Hasselblad and a curious bystander asked what camera I was using, when I told him it was a Hasselblad he just stared at me with a blank expression, total anticlimax

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitya138 View Post
    I whip out my Rolleicord...
    Anyone else out there been asked in something other than their native tongue?
    No, but once I was assembling my Klepper (17' foldable kayak) at a lake, and a bus-load of Japanese tourists happened by (this was in Spokane during the Worlds Fair -- 1974, I believe), and I was asked, "May I have picture for memory, please?"

I thought it was a nice way to ask.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Vaughn;1360210]No, but once I was assembling my Klepper (17' foldable kayak) at a lake, and a bus-load of Japanese tourists happened by (this was in Spokane during the Worlds Fair -- 1974, I believe), and I was asked, "May I have picture for memory, please?"

I thought it was a nice way to ask.

Vaughn[/QUOTE
    It was for recon. so they could attack your boat later with torpedo bombers
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeadows View Post
    I guess having someone saying ITAH in that situation is better than someone saying "Is that a Minox?" :-)
    I would worry more if they asked if it was supposed to be stereoscopic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once was asked if my Linhof was a movie camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I was in line for a gig once and a guy behind asked if my Lubitel Uni. 166 was 'a time machine!'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB501c View Post
    I was in line for a gig once and a guy behind asked if my Lubitel Uni. 166 was 'a time machine!'
    All cameras are time machines.
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just got "is that a Hasselblad"... for my Rollei 2.8E. So he wasn't terribly far off - it IS a square format, waist-level viewfinder, shooting 120 film, and using a Zeiss Planar 80mm f2.8 lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't own a Hasselblad, but can imagine a scenario when a policeman asks you "what kind of camera is that ?" and you reply" Hasselblad", and you get arrested for being drunk and disorderly. I do however own a couple of Mamiyas and they wouldn't be much better .
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    but can imagine a scenario when a policeman asks you "what kind of camera is that ?" and you reply" Hasselblad", and you get arrested for being drunk and disorderly
    A few years ago I was driving a truck through London following a friend in a car. A policeman stopped us and asked us where we were going. My friend replied "Battersby's" instead of Battersea. The policeman eventually let us continue when he realised my friend wasn't drunk. Battersby's is a bicycle shop local to us.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin