Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,669   Online: 1101

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
710. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

266 37.46%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.24%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

190 26.76%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

92 12.96%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most people seem to think that my Kiev 88 is either a video or movie camera. No one has ever called it a Hasselbad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No matter what I'm using, the usual question is "Is that digital?"

"Hell, no!" is the answer but I've yet to use it. I'm too polite.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just thought of this, I have a black Bogen tripod bag, and after 911 the most common question that I get now is, “is that a gun?" Or I hear people muttering that question to themselves. This is staring to make me very self-conscious everywhere I go nowadays.

So, no Hasselblad remarks and way too many gun remarks. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Once I was shooting in Helsinki city center with the camera on tripod, chimney, cable release and hand meter.
    An old man passed by and said, " ahhhh, the good old times"!
    I was pleased with that.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively
    No matter what I'm using, the usual question is "Is that digital?"

"Hell, no!" is the answer but I've yet to use it. I'm too polite.
    LOL! I was out shooting at a local lake and someone stopped and asked if my 8x10 was a digital once. My answer was no and they went on their way.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just got that question yesterday at my kids school. I had just "fixed" an old Supermatic shutter by soaking in Ronsonal and wanted to try out the Crown Graphic. As I walked up to the gate one of the other fathers there for pickup said "Is that an old Hasselblad?" I couldn't beleive it - I thought you guys were all making this up. I replied that it was an old Graphic and that was the end of the conversation because I had kids to shoot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i had a novel if a bit annoying experience recently in Cornwall. I had set my shot of a rock stack near the Cheesering, which a family were walking around/ on at the time, so I took a few light readings, tinkered a bit with filters etc and waited for them to go - not impatiently or anything, the countryside is there for all of us to enjoy .....
    After about 15 minutes, I heard the father saying (in his best southeastern accent) "'ere, Kylie (to his wife), that bloke's tryin' a get a picture ov this, lets 'ang about to get in the way". I waited a while longer (20 mins or so), doing my best not to show any annoyance as clouds were scudding across the sky towards the sun and threatening to ruin the light. The whole family then walked directly at me, very s-l-o-w-l-y so as to stay in shot and, as they got to about 4 foot infront of the camera (more than close enough to read the ROLLEIFLEX written on the top of my sl66), Mr Chav said "That's a Hasselblad, that is - they're worth about £20k. Wouldnt take much to grab it and run would it" I stared, held eye contact and they were gone ... I was left a little bemused, but managed to get my shot.

So I've had a TAHTI, not an ITAH, much the same premise though!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was shooting on the banks of the Thames last year.

I had a Lubitel 1 on a tripod with my home made lens hood,cut from a black film canister, and a cable release...

A young guy walked by with his girlfriend and as they passed me she said to him something like "Look at the old camera" and I heard him confidently telling her "That's a Hasselblad"...

I think the Lubitel is basically the anti-Hasselblad ... :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This weekend (again) in Sabino Canyon. Was shooting a 4x5 Shen Hao, duh.

Also got a chance to respond to a question about "will you take my picture, which side is best?"

My reply, "Sure, I've always wanted to take a nude up here, just take your clothes off and sit on that rock over there and I'll....." tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil
    "Sure, I've always wanted to take a nude up here, just take your clothes off and sit on that rock over there and I'll....." tim
    That's one to remember

G

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin