Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,724   Online: 985

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
693. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

257 37.09%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

22 3.17%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

187 26.98%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

89 12.84%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

200 28.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404445464748495051 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    I've been out shooting with my Kiev 88CM (hassy1000 rip-off for those who don't know) and had people ask me what it is. When I give my standard reply, "you know a Hasselblad? It's the soviet rip-off of that", noone even knows what a Hasselblad is (except for the one or two who know of it being responsible for the Lunar. Oh how the mighty have fallen).
    To be fair though, most aussies (present company excluded) would barely even know a real hassy if it bricked them across the face (which is coincidentally a good escape if someone who does know what they are wants to relieve you of it). Generally the next question after someone asks what I'm using is along the lines of, "does that take film, can you still even buy film?"...
    I find it a good thing that Aussies are ignorant about hassies. That's why I managed to pick one up really cheap

Most of my friends have no clue what it is. They just know that it takes amazing photos. As in they look better than what their mobiles can take (cell phone for americans).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've gotten "I know a guy with Hasselblad" or the like when I shoot with my Bronica SQ-A. At least they recognize it's not a Hasselblad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Simpson View Post
    The manufacturers (and owners) of quality Nikon products would like a word with you...

:-)
    A few days ago I was walking down the sidewalk. A man walked toward and past me, saying "you don't see many Nikkormats any more". He has a very good eye, as I was carrying an FTN over my left shoulder, pressing it with my lower upper arm by the lenscap against my waist to prevent jostling - all he had to see it and recognise it by would have been the side of the lens and shutter speed ring.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    ISTR back in the olden days of APUG [cue Hovis ad music..] a doughty APUGGer by the name of Doc Holliday did just that!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was using my WideLux. A man came up to me and said, "That is a nice Panon WideLux. I bet that you have a Leica too." I replied, "I do not have a Leica, but I have two Hasselblads."
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    "I do not have a Leica, but I have two Hasselblads."
    And a Panon in a pear tree,
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    And a Panon in a pear tree,
    About pears ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pears.png  
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    About pears ...
    Now THAT'S funny.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had someone actually recognise my RZ yesterday while I was shooting a wedding. Turns out they're an ex studio-monkey who spent years working the crank on RB67s, so not everyone is ignorant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had an interesting variation the other day:

I had some guests over and when my friend's boyfriend saw the enlarger I keep at home he asked "What is that, some kind of 3D-printer?", thought it was pretty amusing.
    "Art is is a picture of some dude I never met smoking under a lamppost at 6400 ISO and in BW."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin