Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,061   Online: 934

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
712. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

267 37.50%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.23%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

191 26.83%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

93 13.06%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41454647484950515253 LastLast

On a hike recently I had a hiker tell his partner my Rolleiflex was an "old Kodak Brownie." Gads.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gads indeed, not to mention zooks..
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had a winner once at the airport when the TSA agent asked me to let him inspect the "scuba diving flashlight" in my bag. I never scuba dive so I was very perplexed. Opening my bag he pointed to my Hasselblad 503cxi... I told him it was a Hasselblad and was waiting for the ITAH quetion... he just told me I could proceed with a pat down... great!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Soooo close...I was out yesterday with a Koni Omega Rapid M and I got a "Is that a Horseman?" I can see the resemblance so obviously, the guy knew something about film cameras.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't belive that it will happen but today I was with a Graflex Speed Graphic + Kodak Aero Ektar, and it happened. But he know something too, he said he knows that it looks like a 3D and "is it true that it costs 1 euro per sheet?" and finally asked me if he can take a look at the GG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what was your answer?;no but it is built like oneand a lot fster at times.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Early morning encounter today with a walker doing a few circuits of the block near my house:
    Me: (pointing camera at tree)
    Her: what's in the tree?
    Me: light!
    Her: oh, (keeps walking)
    Her: (2nd circuit) what sort of camera's that?
    Me: (sheepishly) a Hasselblad
    Her: I thought so! (walks on)
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And there's the variant, I know it's a Hasselblad! Shooting last weekend and one guy approached me asking what kind of film I was using. He was a lab technician in one of the few remaining film development labs in Sydney. About 10 mins later, from about 20 meters away, a woman I would guess in her mid-thirties called out, hey, it's great to see someone still shooting 6x6 film! I do too! Smiles exchanged.
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I never had been asked "is that a Hasselblad, but I mostly shoot with a Canon SLR.

However, I have been asked many many times if I am with the local paper.

Actually the most flattering thing is that I was at a overlook with my camera, and a young nice couple asked me to take a photo with their film SLR since "I knew what I was doing." I also gave them my work card. Got a email 2 weeks later saying that the photo i took is framed in their house. That was one of the nicer things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was recently asked "What Leica is that?" buy one of our local self-styled experts-on-everything. I was carrying a Kiev 4a.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin