Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,883   Posts: 1,629,723   Online: 747

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
722. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

270 37.40%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.19%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

196 27.15%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

94 13.02%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

202 27.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 414546474849505152 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yesterday at the Rocky Mountain Balloon festival in Colorado Springs, it happened FOR A SECOND TIME with my Mamiya C33. I told him it was a Mamiya. He wondered what year and I told him 1964, and we were immediately separated by 2 guys dragging a rope to stretch out a 2nd wave balloon. It came between us and I never saw him again.

A little later, a woman came by. Judging by her equipment she seemed to really have her digital act together, and she said, "Now there's challenge!" I gave her a big smile and nod and thought, "That's somebody who GETS it".
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, it's a Hasselblad. I didn't want to risk dropping my good camera, so I left it at home.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes, I was using my RB67 yesterday in the park and a big guy with a digital camera asked me the dreaded question.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount View Post
    Yes, I was using my RB67 yesterday in the park and a big guy with a digital camera asked me the dreaded question.

Dreaded? I think it's cool.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've recieved that too. Twice, in fact. That was when I was using my Yashica TLR. It's also been called a brownie, box camera, 3D camera, and a couple people have mistaken it as a Rolleiflex.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Someone once asked if my Pentax 645N was a Bronica or Mamiya.
    That's as high up the food chain as I have ever gotten.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    ITAH lives!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    ITAH lives!
    Institute for Traditional Acupuncture and Herbology (Corte Madera, CA) ?
    “…all photographs are self-portraits.” – Minor White

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bradford View Post
    Someone once asked if my Pentax 645N was a Bronica or Mamiya.
    That's as high up the food chain as I have ever gotten.
    My next door neighbor saw me with my 645n on a tripod, right angle finder, focus rail, 120mm macro lens, cable release, the whole thing. She said "Mighty fancy camera, George! Is it a Nikon?" I told her it was a Pentax, she seemed disappointed.

And so it goes.....
    This email is a natural hand-made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and in no way are to be considered flaws.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin