Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,277   Online: 1112

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
712. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

267 37.50%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.23%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

191 26.83%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

93 13.06%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2424647484950515253 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    should have sent them a bill.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedwardson View Post
    a young nice couple asked me to take a photo with their film SLR since "I knew what I was doing."
    I've had people ask me that, when I was carrying anything from my EOS 3, m645af, Hasselbladski, and Toyo G.
    Too bad that every time they then asked me to take a photo of them using their phone, an area in which I specifically do [b]not[/url] know what I'm doing
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been asked if I was using a Hasselblad on several occasions, mostly when I was actually using my 2000 FC/M. There have been times where I was asked that when I was using my Mamiya C330, go figure. Most of the times when I am shooting the Hassie, it's "Nice camera!". I do often get asked what kind of camera I'm using when I'm shooting with my Canham 4x5, one guy just said "what's that?", and when I told him it was a camera, he looked puzzled and said "really?".

Shooter
    Multi Format

No, its not a Hasselblad!

Not the same question, but analogous. I was sitting on the ground in my front yard, taking a close-up of a dog tooth violet with my Pentax 645n. My 120 macro was mounted, of course, as was the right angle finder and a cable release. The camera was on a focus rail and supported by a Manfrotto tripod. My next door neighbor Sylvia, who is a nosy busybody, hollered "Mighty fancy camera, George. Is that a Nikon?"

Naturally I couldn't let that go unchallenged, so I told her no, it was a Pentax medium format film camera, the likes of which Nikon had never made. I don't think she had any idea what I was talking about....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Never had the ITAH, but I've been asked several times if my RB67 was a movie camera. Once I had my RB on a tripod taking a shot of the foot bridge at a local park when an elderly gentleman and what I imagine was his grandson stopped about 30 feet away, and the fellow said "see that camera boy? That mans a professional, if only he knew how wrong he was. The best one happened while I was walking down the main street of a nearby town, a woman who was probably in her mid 50's stopped and asked me what kind of camera I was using. I told her it was Mamiya RB67 and it was a medium format film camera. She looked at me like I must be on drugs and said "film, film they stopped making that 20 years ago". When I assured her that film was still available she said "well where on earth do you get it developed". "I do it myself" I said, she immediately gasped and replied "surely thats illegal". I just kind of sighed and she wondered off.
    Yashica-Mat 124 G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle M. View Post
    Never had the ITAH, but I've been asked several times if my RB67 was a movie camera. Once I had my RB on a tripod taking a shot of the foot bridge at a local park when an elderly gentleman and what I imagine was his grandson stopped about 30 feet away, and the fellow said "see that camera boy? That mans a professional, if only he knew how wrong he was. The best one happened while I was walking down the main street of a nearby town, a woman who was probably in her mid 50's stopped and asked me what kind of camera I was using. I told her it was Mamiya RB67 and it was a medium format film camera. She looked at me like I must be on drugs and said "film, film they stopped making that 20 years ago". When I assured her that film was still available she said "well where on earth do you get it developed". "I do it myself" I said, she immediately gasped and replied "surely thats illegal". I just kind of sighed and she wondered off.
    Oh yeaaaah! I jus' lov' sniffin' that there fixer, don' you?? Thems illeagle thangs is the very best.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good grief. Some people are alive only because stupidity is not fatal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sadly, she's probably already reproduced - thus passing along both the genetic and attitudinal imbecility she manifests.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yesterday at the Rocky Mountain Balloon festival in Colorado Springs, it happened FOR A SECOND TIME with my Mamiya C33. I told him it was a Mamiya. He wondered what year and I told him 1964, and we were immediately separated by 2 guys dragging a rope to stretch out a 2nd wave balloon. It came between us and I never saw him again.

A little later, a woman came by. Judging by her equipment she seemed to really have her digital act together, and she said, "Now there's challenge!" I gave her a big smile and nod and thought, "That's somebody who GETS it".
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, it's a Hasselblad. I didn't want to risk dropping my good camera, so I left it at home.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin