Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,819   Online: 950

View Poll Results: Ever been asked "Is that a Hasselbad?"

Voters
712. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

267 37.50%
  • Yes, while shooting 35mm or smaller.

23 3.23%
  • Yes, while shooting Medium Format

191 26.83%
  • Yes, while shooting Large Format

93 13.06%
  • Yes, and it was a Hasselblad!

201 28.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    I'm surprised you still took the picture.
    Sometimes I do things I can't explain. The oppiste happend once as well, when I was outside with my Nikon D70 (How bad is that for someone who has a real camera at home) a girl told me she still preferes the looks of film, she looked damm good as well so you can imagine I completely forgot how my camera works.
    But that remark did it...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GaussianNoise
    hmmmm, so...its a size thing?

Strange world, a few years ago it had to be chromium-plated, the size didn't matter.

Horst
    everything becomes more worse. one thing becomes better: the moral becomes more worse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten
    ..... a girl told me she still preferes the looks of film, she looked damm good as well so you can imagine I completely forgot how my camera works. But that remark did it...
    It's amazing when out street shooting and I decide there's no other way to get a shot other than ask, that when I say I'm shooting black and white film they say "yes". They usually add that they don't usually say "yes" to being photographed but love Black & White pictures.

Black and White film is the great persuader

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    1st ITAH at Boynton Canyon, Sedona AZ by a very distinguishing gentleman and his wife. Just for a minute there I reached the lofty heights of being called a professional photographer.... but then fell to being just a friendly person when asked to take their picture with their digital camera. For that one moment tho I was on zone nine.... Oh the memory.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    They're also famous for having gone to the moon.
    ..and that aliens visiting the moon will stop, turn and say to each other (telepathically , of course) Hey, that looks like a Hasselblad"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I was in Yellowstone I was using my Graflex Mini Speed on a tripod. Was shooting the canyon and when I was changing roll backs, a guy shows up with his wife (or whomever she was) with a "Blad" around his neck. He looks in my direction and comes over to see what I am shooting. He then excuses himself and moves right in front of my camera on the pod. He snaps a photo and starts to leave. His companion says to me that my camera was "cute". He doesn't say a word nor looks at me. They both then left.

I guess that was the HB attitude? :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a Hasselblad experience today. I was shooting some 5x4 with my Cambo monorail in the grounds of a nearby Abbey when an 'elderly' gentleman came over stating he was intrigued. I stated that I was shooting the texture of the stone on the rear of a gravestone. He frowned and asked " OK, so wheres the camera?". I pointed to the LARGE mass atop of the LARGE tripod and said "This is the camera".
    His frown deepened and he exclaimed "Must be a Hasselblad then, like they use on the moon!". I think he had just landed.

Phill
    Can I now be a member of the NINAFHB club (No its not a F&%!ng Hasselblad)
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nobody ever asked me anything, they just yell when I take their picture.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    No one has yet mistaken it for a 'blad though; I must be too scruffy!
    Okay, scratch that!

My Mamiya C330S arrived by courier to my works. I carefully unboxed it. A couple of seconds later a chap a couple of desks away took one look (at the large Mamiya logo on the top of the front side, as it happens) and said, "Oh, is that a Hasselblad?"

I feel that a void in my life has now been filled...
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    got it two days ago with my Mamiya rz67 ... 'hasselblad' basically means SLR medium format - I answered that it was a Mamiya and the guy seemed disapointed - I wonder what 'mamiya' meant to him ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin