Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,129   Online: 819

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Images
    Does anyone know if these chinese backs will work with a SINAR F1? The price seems to be very reasonable.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If your Sinar has Graflok/International style slides and a removable groundglass, then it should work.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I too had to struggle with justifying cost of a Horseman back, nothing around second hand at the time I was looking, they are still quite scarce. Because I love the porportions, I took the plunge. Although I have subsequently found a reluctance from editors to use this format as it does not lend itself to usage for cover or centre spread images.

Agree in theory that can crop from 5x4 and be flexible with where the crop should be. Personally I find this hard to do, usually making a poor 5x4 shot, as I seemingly have an inability to frame to arbitrary lines on the GG. So making the decision to go 6x12 for an image ensures that I then compose tightly into the mask which I made to go over the GG. This mask was made from plastic card from a modelling shop rather than fork out £20 for a set of Horseman ones.

In all honesty, I have used the back rather less than I expected but still lug it around.

Concur Tom's points on economics. Can bracket exposure and try different filtration, all on one roll. Only hassle is if do 3 frames and then want to switch from B+W to colour or vice versa. Carrying two backs is not a solution!

Images
    Thanks david. I will have a look.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin