Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,669   Online: 885

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: magic bullet

Shooter
    35mm
    My magic bullet comes in two parts. Part 1 is a cheap chinese IR720 filter. Part 2 is the Rollei IR400S film. Magic when there are leaves on the trees!

The next closest magic bullet (and I primarily shoot E6 - Provia 100F) is Velvia 50. It's just amazing for landscapes, when used with a tripod.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm
    A Kouranon S 6-element enlarging lens (they came in both 50mm & 75mm). I have loads of top brand enlarging lenses gathered over many yrs, incl. a Leitz Focotar 2 & Leitz Focotar "big element" made by Scheinder, But only the Komura gives the subject a freshly minted, "Dawn of Tme' look. Chip

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    a) an f/stop timer for printing
    b) IR820+R72

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Goerz Dagor lenses. When I started using and contact printing 8x10 in the late '80s, a 300mm Doppel-Anastigmat Symmar (a Dagor clone, every bit as good as the Goerz lens) was my first and for 8-10 months my only lens. When I saw what that type of lens puts on a negative, I fell in love - I remember thinking "this is what I've wanted photos to look like, and I didn't even know it". I now have about half a dozen of the things...
    I hate those large format guys ! Not so long and I will join the club ...

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

It's a kind of magic

Quote Originally Posted by DannL. View Post
    For me the magic was found in wooden view cameras in excess of 100 years old. Fine wood crafted by a master craftsman. Lenses what require that you calculate and insert the stop, and then count the seconds that pass. Photographic films and plates that simply refuse to see as the eye would have it. And ultimately, the picture that reflects the flaws inherent to the entire process. That's where I've found the magic.

That sums it up perfectly for me.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Actually, as close to finding a magic bullet as I have ever come is with an incident meter.

Close behind that was negative film.

Then auto focus.

Artificial light is very cool too.

Learning to pose my sitters was super.

Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin