Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,961   Online: 778

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    I believe they also made lenses that fit the Contax rangefinders (might be mistaken though)? Allthough I guess that was more of a "third party" situation than a partnership.
    Nikon's RF cameras used the Contax mount. So the Nikon lenses would fit on the Contax cameras - but IIRC the flange distance was slightly different, the Nikkors had to be shimmed/adjusted to track properly with the Contax rangefinder and vice versa. You can put a Nikkor on a Kiev, too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have recently bought a Bronica S2 with a couple of Nikon lenses and I already have some Nikkor lenses for 35mm.

I know about the Plaubel Makina 67, but which other camera manufacturers (if any) used lenses made by Nikon?

Steve.
    Pre WWII they made them for Hansa Canon!

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon's Rifle scopes are some of the best available. In some cases, surpassing Leupold.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Nikon's RF cameras used the Contax mount. So the Nikon lenses would fit on the Contax cameras - but IIRC the flange distance was slightly different, the Nikkors had to be shimmed/adjusted to track properly with the Contax rangefinder and vice versa. You can put a Nikkor on a Kiev, too.
    Nikon made lenses specifically for the Contax rangefinder tracking (as suggested earlier) they looked like they were for the Nikon but had a C engraved on them rare if you were a collector eg only 3883 in 85mm.

If you shoot the Kiev 85 is pretty good and cheap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin