Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,271   Online: 1159

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    When after WWII the Japanese started making cameras and lenses which were every bit as good as Leitz, Leitz realised that, even though they made exceptionally good cameras fitted with exceptionallly good lenses they couldn't compete with Japan without some kind of gimmick. In the 1950s, you could find ads for Leica in fashion magazines, travel mags, etc. This was the beginning of Leica KoolAid. Pros bought Leicas for the quality, the rest for the image. It was the image buyers that kept Leica in business, much like Rolex.
    Go , have test your IQ.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Go , have test your IQ.
    WTF???
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    People buying 10 dollar Nikon and than want to believe that is better than Leica. If someone do such a thing
    look mom , I have a Toyota Corolla and better than Mercedes.

If Leica products have high quality and people are buying

What to say for Nikon users ?
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 01-22-2014 at 05:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa, people have been banned from this board for calling other posters losers and idiots. Think about that before you post insults. And think about what your insults tell us about you.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Why people dont get banned for puting Leica users as brand hunter idiots ? Do someone need to be call me openly idiot or post Leica users as rolex users ? What is the meaning of calling me as brand hunter , is not it saying we are idiots ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Losers? Idiots?

It was a 2½-minute video showing a few of the manufacturing steps used to make a camera lens. It was interesting and fun to watch. I saw some things I hadn't seen before. I enjoyed that.

Am I missing something more sinister here?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    People buying 10 dollar Nikon and than want to believe that is better than Leica. If someone do such a thing
    a - he is loser and
    b - a real idiot like that example
    Well well well, somebody just earned himself a spot on my ignore list.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ah I am so sorry to lose you !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa, don't take it so personally; nobody is calling you a brand hunter (at least not on purpose). E. Von Hoegh was saying that, just like BMW or Rolex, Leica has customers who buy because they appreciate and take advantage of the quality, and customers who buy because they like the reputation and cachet. You have to admit it's true - do you really think that someone paid 1.8 million USD for the Jony Ive Leica because it was that fantastic a practical working camera?

( And no, of course a Toyota Corolla isn't the same as a Mercedes - but even Mercedes engineers will admit that Lexus gives them very good competition for all but the very best, custom-built cars, the kind the factory spends a year or two making sure is exactly right for you. For everything else, they're not necessarily better or worse, just different. )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it's time.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin