Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,905   Posts: 1,555,853   Online: 920

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    Wow that's awesome. Thanks, Stone!
    Welcome, it was just updated with a ton more films and more accurate adjustments, as well as a "pro" version that has integrated zone system recording etc. Pretty advanced stuff. But try the regular version and see how you like it.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Welcome, it was just updated with a ton more films and more accurate adjustments, as well as a "pro" version that has integrated zone system recording etc. Pretty advanced stuff. But try the regular version and see how you like it.
    Really handy tool. I've been playign with it about 10 minutes.

I find the compensation times for Foma and Arista films pretty interesting. A 10 sec exposure compensated for reciprocity failure, jumps to 1:02 with Fomapan whereas only between 15-30 secs for all other films.

Makes me wonder what's so different about Fomapan that reciprocity is that far off.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    Really handy tool. I've been playign with it about 10 minutes.

I find the compensation times for Foma and Arista films pretty interesting. A 10 sec exposure compensated for reciprocity failure, jumps to 1:02 with Fomapan whereas only between 15-30 secs for all other films.

Makes me wonder what's so different about Fomapan that reciprocity is that far off.
    FOMA is just bad with reciprocity, it's a very well know film for having horrible reciprocity characteristics.

I once shot a 2 hour exposure with FOMA and got no image because apparently it should have been 6 hours... Any other film would have been over exposed at 2 hours lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CHHAHH View Post
    I might overthink something here and you'll give yourself a face palm right now but i am stuck with metering my exposures at night scenes.
    With a DSLR i can get myself close by making test images and reviewing them on display...but now i have my first fully manual camera and a handheld lightmeter (with bulb and spotmeter).
    I would love to take my camera out for a walk at night, but i just can't figure out how to meter correctly for Tri-X...

Any suggestions?

get yourself a exposure guide

http://www.blackcatphotoproducts.com/guide.html

works like a charm, every time

then it is the internal light meter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just saw this thread - one other reference about night exposures, per AA - if the moon is in the image, the exposure for it would be the same as sunny daylight for the given film, as this is the illumination it is getting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin