Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,669   Online: 1231

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Poisson Du Jour;1609073]/QUOTE] Yes, 4x5 internegs of 120 chromes were the usual way for Ilfochrome Classic printers here in Australia too

Internegs?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Internegs - a negative produced from an original - not an original negative. In this case (Poisson Du Jour's) a colour positive in 120 format producing a negative in 4x5 format to produce a larger positive (larger than the 120 positive).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    Internegs - a negative produced from an original - not an original negative. In this case (Poisson Du Jour's) a colour positive in 120 format producing a negative in 4x5 format to produce a larger positive (larger than the 120 positive).
    Yes, but for use with Ilfochrome Classic?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I did take slides every photograph was taken with the final result in mind. There were no digi-snappers back then. If I took slides now I would not change my methods.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Yes, but for use with Ilfochrome Classic?
    Yes. The media for masks was B&W (contrast control) and something of Kodak's ... can't remember now, something ortho (?)
    Maskingn was never done for mural or panoramic-sized Ilfochrome Classic prints, thus exposure and contrast had to be bang-on — no breathing space. This wasn't my line of work but a few other lensmen here in Australia hogged the production line with pano prints costing upward of $3,220 a pop.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 02-12-2014 at 03:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    When I did take slides every photograph was taken with the final result in mind. There were no digi-snappers back then. If I took slides now I would not change my methods.
    +1. The slide as my "finished product" (excepting those instances when I would opt to print) was, and still is, my assumption when I trip the shutter. Part of the reason that I bracket to the extent that I do is with that underlying assumption in mind. As well, there are those instances of tricky or difficult light, and those cases where I just want to see the effects of a little more or a little less exposure on a particular subject.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    +1 again.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Yes. The media for masks was B&W (contrast control) and something of Kodak's ... can't remember now, something ortho (?)
    Maskingn was never done for mural or panoramic-sized Ilfochrome Classic prints, thus exposure and contrast had to be bang-on — no breathing space.
    OK, now I get it- those were masking negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you need the optimum quality on a print shoot negative film, and if you need to get the best results from slides project them, end of story.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ben: If you scan for printing, why is one better than the other?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin