Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,666   Posts: 1,668,959   Online: 821
      
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52
  1. #41
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,858
    [QUOTE=Poisson Du Jour;1609073]/QUOTE] Yes, 4x5 internegs of 120 chromes were the usual way for Ilfochrome Classic printers here in Australia too

    Internegs?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  2. #42
    Peltigera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    515
    Internegs - a negative produced from an original - not an original negative. In this case (Poisson Du Jour's) a colour positive in 120 format producing a negative in 4x5 format to produce a larger positive (larger than the 120 positive).

  3. #43
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    Internegs - a negative produced from an original - not an original negative. In this case (Poisson Du Jour's) a colour positive in 120 format producing a negative in 4x5 format to produce a larger positive (larger than the 120 positive).
    Yes, but for use with Ilfochrome Classic?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,696
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Yes, but for use with Ilfochrome Classic?
    Yes. The media for masks was B&W (contrast control) and something of Kodak's ... can't remember now, something ortho (?)
    Maskingn was never done for mural or panoramic-sized Ilfochrome Classic prints, thus exposure and contrast had to be bang-on — no breathing space. This wasn't my line of work but a few other lensmen here in Australia hogged the production line with pano prints costing upward of $3,220 a pop.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 02-12-2014 at 03:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    When I did take slides every photograph was taken with the final result in mind. There were no digi-snappers back then. If I took slides now I would not change my methods.
    +1. The slide as my "finished product" (excepting those instances when I would opt to print) was, and still is, my assumption when I trip the shutter. Part of the reason that I bracket to the extent that I do is with that underlying assumption in mind. As well, there are those instances of tricky or difficult light, and those cases where I just want to see the effects of a little more or a little less exposure on a particular subject.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,696
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    When I did take slides every photograph was taken with the final result in mind. There were no digi-snappers back then. If I took slides now I would not change my methods.
    +1 again.

  7. #47
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Yes. The media for masks was B&W (contrast control) and something of Kodak's ... can't remember now, something ortho (?)
    Maskingn was never done for mural or panoramic-sized Ilfochrome Classic prints, thus exposure and contrast had to be bang-on — no breathing space.
    OK, now I get it- those were masking negatives.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  8. #48
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    7,903
    If you need the optimum quality on a print shoot negative film, and if you need to get the best results from slides project them, end of story.
    Ben

  9. #49
    Alan Klein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Jersey .........formerly NYC.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    608
    Ben: If you scan for printing, why is one better than the other?

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    8,093
    Images
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    If you need the optimum quality on a print shoot negative film, and if you need to get the best results from slides project them, end of story.
    I disagree, Fuji E-6 films scan much cleaner and with less noise signal issues than kodak C-41 films, for me at least.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin