Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,076   Online: 789

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Poisson Du Jour;1609073]/QUOTE] Yes, 4x5 internegs of 120 chromes were the usual way for Ilfochrome Classic printers here in Australia too

Internegs?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Internegs - a negative produced from an original - not an original negative. In this case (Poisson Du Jour's) a colour positive in 120 format producing a negative in 4x5 format to produce a larger positive (larger than the 120 positive).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    Internegs - a negative produced from an original - not an original negative. In this case (Poisson Du Jour's) a colour positive in 120 format producing a negative in 4x5 format to produce a larger positive (larger than the 120 positive).
    Yes, but for use with Ilfochrome Classic?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I did take slides every photograph was taken with the final result in mind. There were no digi-snappers back then. If I took slides now I would not change my methods.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Yes, but for use with Ilfochrome Classic?
    Yes. The media for masks was B&W (contrast control) and something of Kodak's ... can't remember now, something ortho (?)
    Maskingn was never done for mural or panoramic-sized Ilfochrome Classic prints, thus exposure and contrast had to be bang-on — no breathing space. This wasn't my line of work but a few other lensmen here in Australia hogged the production line with pano prints costing upward of $3,220 a pop.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 02-12-2014 at 03:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    When I did take slides every photograph was taken with the final result in mind. There were no digi-snappers back then. If I took slides now I would not change my methods.
    +1. The slide as my "finished product" (excepting those instances when I would opt to print) was, and still is, my assumption when I trip the shutter. Part of the reason that I bracket to the extent that I do is with that underlying assumption in mind. As well, there are those instances of tricky or difficult light, and those cases where I just want to see the effects of a little more or a little less exposure on a particular subject.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    +1 again.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Yes. The media for masks was B&W (contrast control) and something of Kodak's ... can't remember now, something ortho (?)
    Maskingn was never done for mural or panoramic-sized Ilfochrome Classic prints, thus exposure and contrast had to be bang-on — no breathing space.
    OK, now I get it- those were masking negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you need the optimum quality on a print shoot negative film, and if you need to get the best results from slides project them, end of story.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ben: If you scan for printing, why is one better than the other?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin