Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,548   Posts: 1,573,042   Online: 837

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Any people that aims to get a end result on the slide?

Just out of interest if anyone strives to get an image on the slide? I know that you can do the hybrid way with slides but interested if any out there that just project the slide or look at it on the lightbox etc. Getting the color temperature right and employing the filters etc. If I make prints at the lab - I just request "match slide".
    Last edited by rayonline_nz; 02-09-2014 at 02:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not sure if I got your question right: are you asking if there are photographers using slide film for projection?
    If that is the question, then yes. I use slide film so I can project and enjoy a big screen.
    I don't get what you are talking about colours temperature. All slide films in manufacture are daylight balanced, if that's what you want to know.
    And the only filters I use are a polariser and a warm-up 81B filter.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or are you asking about making prints from slides? There were several papers in the past that would print positives from positives. The last one that I know of was Ilford Ilfochrome, but I guess that's discontinued now. I think the only good way today is to scan the slide and print with inkjet.
    Back in the day, my Dad used an Agfa product to make prints from slides. They were quite good, but now show fading.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the OP's referring to getting it right in the camera, including any color correction. A print then only needs to match the slide as closely as possible.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    My son and I both shoot slides for projection. You have to get it right in camera for that. There's no opportunity to correct anything in post production if you project so it has to be right in camera.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These days I don't shoot any slides, but all my personal ones are for projection onto a screen. I have also shot chromes for magazine publication, on a commission basis.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My one (and, really, only) great disappointment in re-discovering film last year was learning that the era of color positives seems to be largely over. Sure, I can still get out-of-production film at an almost reasonable price, but it seems that the social infrastructure to make real optical prints from that film is gone.

Too bad, really. I have a bunch of old Kodachrome positives that I really love. There is not nothing like the way the colors pop off of those on a light table.

So, for optical enlargements I shoot B&W and am (slowly but surely) learning how to get good prints in my darkroom. For color, I shoot Portra and Ektar and use a hybrid workflow. I still try to get it as close as possible in-camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cibachrome was awesome!
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't done that in years. I printed on Cibachrome and the contrast is very hard to tame on the material. Besides, I don't think they make it anymore. I also made internegs on Kodak 4x5 interneg film and I got good results. I don't know if the film exist anymore. One viable option is to scan the slide and print it through Shutterfly or print in an inkjet. But I still Cibachrome is has to most beautiful color.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    I haven't photographed with slide film for a long time but I think I will start doing it from this point on. I just got my DSLR so there is not much need for color negative film any more. Projecting a slide is much better than any digital system can display right now. You can have 36MP file and more but the highest resolution display is only 8MP (for the new 4K display).

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin