Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,318   Online: 994

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak Pictorial Filters (Series IV, V and VI)

Quote Originally Posted by BobClack View Post
    Thanks to all for your replies to this thread.

However, the answer to the original question remains a mystery.

Yes, the standard Wratten series filters are used by many and have had
    much written about them. The question is in regard to "Kodak Pictorial Filters".
    This is the name on the box and on the filter ring itself. (see images)

One guy is selling them by the case.

Again, from what I've found, no information exists on the internet on these
    filters unless I'm just missing it.

Thanks once again!
    You're being too specific... These are the same thing... Wratten yellow filters, I own some series V yellow and red, the box does say "pictorial" but they are just standard filters, probably called "pictorial" for marketing.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stone, that's what I was looking for. Every wratten filter I've ever seen says wratten on the ring. I've never seen "Pictorial" on a ring or a box. When my internet search for "Kodak Pictorial Filters" returned zero results, it seemed like this could be a different filter, or, it could be the same animal with a different (and less used) name.

Wratten filter "marketing".

Thanks for the shout!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Stone, that's what I was looking for. Every wratten filter I've ever seen says wratten on the ring. I've never seen "Pictorial" on a ring or a box. When my internet search for "Kodak Pictorial Filters" returned zero results, it seemed like this could be a different filter, or, it could be the same animal with a different (and less used) name.

Wratten filter "marketing".

Thanks for the shout!
    Well I'm no expert, but I can't see the difference between the pictorial and non pictorial.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You're being too specific... These are the same thing... Wratten yellow filters, I own some series V yellow and red, the box does say "pictorial" but they are just standard filters, probably called "pictorial" for marketing.
    Am confused. You mentioned that they're the same thing, but you can see the difference between them.

???

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Am confused. You mentioned that they're the same thing, but you can see the difference between them.

???
    Can't as in, both yellows look the same to my eye, and never noticed a difference in the neg between the two filters (have both) I'm sure it's just all add words

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Apologies!

For some reason I read it as "CAN see the difference" rather than "CAN'T see the difference".

Much better now!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Pictoral Yellow" probably sounded a lot less scary than Wratten #12 to your average Joe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Pictorial filter" Just another marketing ploy by the capitalists at the former GYF.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin