Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,886   Online: 1018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    In never came across any. And this is only the second one I learn about.
    I guess I'm dating myself but Morgan and Lester had one, Ansel Adams had one in his book that you could copy, Zone VI had one that Calumet still carried not too long ago, I think the Formulary had one, maybe still do. More common in the LF world. A notebook is good, I'd like to have twin check stickers as well, to match record to roll and then to negative sleeve with a number.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Erik,
    I think "had one" is the right phrase. But these aren't available anymore, are they? I saw a few old ones (partially used) pass by on Ebay for over $10.
    So I don't mind getting me a fresh one for much less.
    Yes, my iPhone or iPad could do the same, but since I like to do these things analogue, I like a nice little notebook (i.e. NOT a portable computer, but a booklet to write in) and a pencil.
    Silly old me, I guess ...
    BTW: these stickers would be nice too!
    Bert from Holland

Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    I guess I'm dating myself but Morgan and Lester had one, Ansel Adams had one in his book that you could copy, Zone VI had one that Calumet still carried not too long ago, I think the Formulary had one, maybe still do. More common in the LF world. A notebook is good, I'd like to have twin check stickers as well, to match record to roll and then to negative sleeve with a number.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I think you are right! I'm living in the past. These do look good and I'm with you, much prefer a simple pencil note to typing on the phone. Could be a fun DIY project as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I suppose I should finally chime in as this is my project. Thanks for letting the forum know about it Ed. Thanks to everybody else as well, for the supportive comments and even the snarky. Every bit helps make Analogbook that much better.

We're at 142% funded with still two days remaining! So thanks again to all those who have supported the project and offered great feedback so far. Looking forward to creating an awesome set of photography notebooks for you all!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A good idea papercrate. These were more commonly available in the past but with the advent of digital and metadata, not so much anymore.

I wish you luck as I do feel there is a niche market for this type of thing.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Yes, I think you are right! I'm living in the past. These do look good and I'm with you, much prefer a simple pencil note to typing on the phone. Could be a fun DIY project as well.
    You're not living in the past...

A notebook and pencil is faster to use in the field; you don't need its battery charged; you don't need to back it up, print it, e-mail it, etc., etc. Computers/Tablets/Smart Phones, as much as I like their convenience, are not the answer to every simple task.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    You're not living in the past...

A notebook and pencil is faster to use in the field; you don't need its battery charged; you don't need to back it up, print it, e-mail it, etc., etc. Computers/Tablets/Smart Phones, as much as I like their convenience, are not the answer to every simple task.
    I think this would be more effective if there were an app designed around the notebook, so you could take an image of the page and it would translate the info into a spreadsheet with the same template as the paper.

Paper is great but it's easier to store things long term digitally as a reference and backup. Often when I'm posting an image, I'm using my phone and no where near my paper notes. Fortunately, my file names are the info for the development data, I should probably expand that to be shooting data too, long string names are a pain, and they don't seem to let you add metadata into the file when you scan it... Annoying...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin